Current time: 31/05/2024, 12:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lancashire County Council Cuts to Bus Services
RE: Lancashire County Council Cuts to Bus Services
Service Change Update

http://fyldebus.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/s...pdate.html

Credit: Fylde Bus Blog.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
List of planned changes found on the DalesBus website:

Withdrawn:
  • 1 - Silverdale Shuttle
  • 2 - Low Moor-Grindleton/Sawley via Clitheroe
  • 2C - Banks-Ormskirk
  • 3A - Ormskirk-Wrightington Hospital
  • 4 - Clitheroe-Peel Park
  • 4/4A - Accrington-Merlin Drive (Saturdays)
  • 5 - Ormskirk-Aughton Town Green
  • 5/5A - Accrington-Church (Saturdays)
  • 5A - Clitheroe-Chipping via Longridge (Thurs-Sat evenings)
  • 5B - Brookhouse-Morecambe
  • 5B - Clitheroe-Garstang via Longridge
  • 5C - Carnforth-Morecambe
  • 7/7A/7B - Clitheroe-Nelson
  • 7S/72 - Pendle Witch Hopper
  • 8 - Accrington-Spring Hill (Saturdays)
  • 10 - Clitheroe-Hodder Valley
  • 10A - Rawtenstall-Water via Edgeside
  • 11 - Accrington-Fern Gore (Saturdays)
  • 11 - Rawtenstall-Helmshore via Haslingden
  • 12 - Rawtenstall-Balladen
  • 12/13 - Blackpool North circulars
  • 12A - Preston-Ormskirk (evenings/Sundays)
  • 13 - Rawtenstall-Ramsbottom
  • 13/13A - Preston-Penwortham
  • 14 - Preston-Holme Slack (evenings/Sundays)
  • 24A - Blackburn-Chorley (evenings/Sundays)
  • 25 - Clitheroe-Blackburn via Whalley
  • 29 - Burnley-Barnoldswick (last journey)
  • 33 - Morecambe-Bare
  • 42 - Lancaster-Blackpool (Mon-Sat evenings)
  • 51 - Carnforth-Silverdale (daytime)
  • 55/55C - Carnforth-Lancaster
  • 65 - Nelson-Clifton Farm via Burnley
  • 75 - Preston-Fleetwood via Poulton
  • 78 - St Annes-Wesham (evenings/Sundays)
  • 79 - Freckleton-Kirkham
  • 80 - Preston-Myersclough
  • 81/81A/81B - Lancaster-Kirkby Lonsdale (Evenings/Sundays)
  • 86 - Fleetwood-Knott End
  • 87 - Cleveleys-Poulton
  • 89/89H - Knott End-Lancaster
  • 93 - Colne-Marsden Park
  • 95/95A/95S - Colne-Burnley via Nelson
  • 109A - Preston-Chorley via Leyland (Evenings/Sundays only)
  • 110 - Leyland-Southport
  • 112 - Preston-Croston via Leyland
  • 114 - Preston-Chorley via Bamber Bridge
  • 115 - Preston-Chorley via Leyland
  • 150 - Preston-Bamber Bridge (Evenings/Sundays)
  • 180/280/X80 - Preston-Skipton via Clitheroe (Transdev says service could continue with £200k subsidy, this would be subject to tender process with other operators)
  • 206 - Wrightington Hospital-Wigan via Roby Mill
  • 217 - Preston-Mellor
  • 231 - Clitheroe-Accrington via Whalley
  • 244 - Blackburn-Rawtenstall via Haslingden (Sundays plus some early morning and evening journeys)
  • 315 - Ormskirk-Haskayne
  • 337 - Chorley-Ormskirk
  • 347 - Chorley-Southport
  • 362 - Chorley-Wigan (Diversion via Coppull Old Parish)
  • 473 - Rawtenstall-Bury via Ramsbottom (Rosso to run some extra 483s not via Ramsbottom)

Partial changes/withdrawal
  • 1 - Preston Park & Ride (Working on new tender)
  • 1A - Burnley-Worsthorne via Pike Hill (Transdev to run commercial Sunday daytime service and evening journeys up to 2000)
  • 1B/1C - Burnley-Bleak House via Stoops (Transdev to run commercial Sunday daytime service and evening journeys up to 2000)
  • 2 - Burnley-Higherford via Nelson (Transdev to run commercial Sunday daytime service and evening journeys up to 2000)
  • 2C - Blackpool-Knott End via Poulton (Blackpool Transport to run commercial Mon-Sat daytime service and Sunday daytime service between Blackpool and Poulton only. No evening service)
  • 4/5 - Harle Syke-Rosegrove via Burnley (Transdev to run commercial Sunday daytime service and evening journeys up to 2000)
  • 5 - Carnforth-Overton via Morecambe (Stagecoach to run commercial Sunday daytime service and evening journeys up to 1930)
  • 6/7 - Blackburn-Blackburn circulars via Great Harwood and Accrington (Transdev to run commercial Sunday daytime service and evening journeys up to 2130)
  • 7 - Lancaster-Vale / Marsh (Stagecoach to run commercial Sunday daytime service and evening journeys up to 1930)
  • 10 - Lancaster-Ridge (Stagecoach to run commercial Sunday daytime service and evening journeys up to 1930)
  • 10 - Rawtenstall-Edgeside (Rosso will replace service with new service 401 running between Rawtenstall and Edgeside via Newchurch and Waterfoot)
  • 12 - Preston-Longton via New Longton (Preston Bus to run Mon-Sat daytime service in partnership with Longton Parish Council, but no longer serving Broadgate)
  • 14/14A Royal Blackburn Hospital-Clitheroe via Accrington (Pilkington Bus now operating partial weekday replacement between Clitheroe and Accrington)
  • 15 Chipping-Blackburn via Mellor (Holmeswood Coaches operating service 5B between Chipping and Blackburn, Darwen Coach Services operating partial replacement between Mellor and Blackburn)
  • 22 Clitheroe-Blackburn via Whalley (Transdev to run early Sunday morning service commercially, evening journeys withdrawn)
  • 23 Accrington-Burnley via Padiham (Transdev to run commercial Sunday daytime service and evening journeys up to 2000)
  • 26/27 Clitheroe-Burnley via Padiham (Transdev to run commercial Sunday daytime service and evening journeys up to 2000 but no longer serves Sabden)
  • 51 Lancaster-Silverdale via Carnforth (Partially covered by Stagecoach services 49 and 55 between Warton and Lancaster)
  • 76 - Blackpool-St Annes via Poulton (Coastal Coaches will extend service 78 from Wesham to Poulton via Great Eccleston.
  • 81A/81B Lancaster-Kirkby Lonsdale (Stagecoach to operate Mon-Sat daytime service commercially, evening/Sunday service withdrawn)
  • 84 - Fleetwood-Blackpool (Catch22bus will partially replace service by extending to Fleetwood)
  • 109 - Preston-Chorley via Leyland (Stagecoach to run commercial Sunday daytime service and evening journeys up to 2200)
  • 113 - Preston-Wigan via Leyland (Stagecoach to run one extra afternoon journey but Mon-Sat evening journeys withdrawn)
  • 152 - Burnley-Preston via Blackburn (Transdev to run Friday/Saturday evening service commercially, Sunday evening service withdrawn)
  • 465 - Rawtenstall-Todmorden via Bacup (Rosso to extend service 482 to Todmorden)
  • 482 - Bury-Bacup via Rawtenstall (Section of route between Rawtenstall and Waterfoot via Newchurch replaced by service 401)

Continues
  • 2 - Accrington-Dill Hall (M&M Coaches to run service commercially)
  • 2A - Preston-Ormskirk via Tarleton (Stagecoach to run service commercially with some timetable changes)
  • 4 - Preston-Longridge (Stagecoach to run service 4C between Preston and Longridge with some extensions to Chipping. Evening journeys withdrawn)
  • 9 - Burnley-Accrington (Transdev to run Saturday service commercially with some timetable changes)
  • 40 - Preston-Morecambe via Lancaster (Stagecoach to run all journeys commercially)
  • 61 - Preston-Blackpool (Stagecoach to run Peel Corner diversion commercially)
  • 68 - Preston-Blackpool (Stagecoach to take over Mon-Thurs evening journeys commercially. Sunday evening journeys withdrawn)
  • 151 - Preston-Bamber Bridge via Hoghton (Stagecoach to run service commercially)
  • 375 - Southport-Wigan via Ormskirk and Skelmersdale (Arriva to run diversion via Bescar commercially. Arriva to run most evening journeys from end-April to coincide with other changes)
  • 464 - Accrington-Rochdale via Rawtenstall (Rosso to run early morning and late evening journeys commercially)
  • B1/B2 - Barnoldswick Town Services (Pilkington Bus to run services commercially with some timetable changes)

http://www.dalesbus.org/LCC%20Subsidised...0List).pdf
I hope that anyone who voted for Cameron, Osborne, etc. realises they have only themselves to blame when they lose all their local bus services.
(29/02/2016 19:37)Bevan Price Wrote:  I hope that anyone who voted for Cameron, Osborne, etc. realises they have only themselves to blame when they lose all their local bus services.

I agree with you there but I do have the greatest sympathy for those who did not vote for that party and will soon be without these essential bus services as most, if not all, of these people have no real alternative.

I recall posting on a Facebook page based in Lancashire last year a warning about what would happen to tendered bus services in the event of a certain outcome in the general election only to be subjected to accusations of scare-mongering and being a member of the looney left.
(29/02/2016 20:28)Barney Wrote:  I agree with you there but I do have the greatest sympathy for those who did not vote for that party and will soon be without these essential bus services as most, if not all, of these people have no real alternative.

I recall posting on a Facebook page based in Lancashire last year a warning about what would happen to tendered bus services in the event of a certain outcome in the general election only to be subjected to accusations of scare-mongering and being a member of the looney left.

What gets me is what do they - them down in London with a regulated bus network where you can get from one side of London to the other come day or night, expect people to do?
There will be genuinely people and communities completly cut off, people who rely on subsidised services to get to and from work, now facing an uncertain future.
Myself a shift worker for many years forced to consider my future when the late evening service I relied on to get home from work withdrawn. Do I quit my job or take out a bank loan and buy a car - I had to do the latter.

I'm not a political player, the while system bores means I personally think there all as bad as each other but what I'm sick of hearing is Cameron and Osborne and the other cronies constantly telling us these cuts are for a better future. Are they for real? Some of these services excist de-reg and once they go they will never return.
They need to realise that it's not just pensioners with connesionary passes that use subsidised services but hard working tax paying people that need these services to get too and from work!
(29/02/2016 21:37)Mayneway Wrote:  I'm not a political player, the while system bores me. I personally think there all as bad as each other but what I'm sick of hearing is Cameron and Osborne and the other cronies constantly telling us these cuts are for a better future. Are they for real? Some of these services excist de-reg and once they go they will never return.
They need to realise that it's not just pensioners with connesionary passes that use subsidised services but hard working tax paying people that need these services to get too and from work!

This really is not the forum for such discussions but I do take issue with you there. The reason why we have the current government (Cameron and Osborne) is that far too many people share this view and don't bother voting at all. I would suggest that members of this forum (and the electorate in general) take a hard look at the policies of the leaders of the two main political parties and then decide if "they are as bad as each other". I suggest that the first policy to be be scrutinised is the one on public transport as there really is a huge difference between the two.
(01/03/2016 09:43)Barney Wrote:  This really is not the forum for such discussions but I do take issue with you there. The reason why we have the current government (Cameron and Osborne) is that far too many people share this view and don't bother voting at all. I would suggest that members of this forum (and the electorate in general) take a hard look at the policies of the leaders of the two main political parties and then decide if "they are as bad as each other". I suggest that the first policy to be be scrutinised is the one on public transport as there really is a huge difference between the two.

In theory I agree with you but what I find is that half of what is said and promised on the run up to any election dosen't actually happen anyway.
And the reason many people like myself don't vote is because the current system is flawed and needs changing. The MPs expenses scandal just backs that theory up and while we've got toffs in London claiming they represent us yet they don't know how much a pint of milk is or a load of bread or what the current minimum wage is we havevt got a chance.
Do you think some of the county council areas are backing public transport up against the wall to such an extent that some sort of reregulation would be a better idea to no public transport at all.
(01/03/2016 12:20)wirralbus Wrote:  Do you think some of the county council areas are backing public transport up against the wall to such an extent that some sort of reregulation would be a better idea to no public transport at all.

Quite possibly and even in areas like Greater Manchester and Merseyside where the cuts arnt as drastic YET, there's talk of more severe cuts this year and next year so if we do see any kind of regulation what are they going do, force operators to suddenly start operating services that completly disapeared 2/3 years previously?
(01/03/2016 12:52)Mayneway Wrote:  Quite possibly and even in areas like Greater Manchester and Merseyside where the cuts arnt as drastic YET, there's talk of more severe cuts this year and next year so if we do see any kind of regulation what are they going do, force operators to suddenly start operating services that completly disapeared 2/3 years previously?

Nonsense. What you need to understand is that a regulated bus service would cost a lot more to operate than the current deregulated one. Just look at how much it costs to run buses for TfL. If you are old enough to remember, the whole rationale of the 1985 Transport Act (introduced by a Conservative government) was to REDUCE the amount of subsidy from central government to local councils by privatising the bus companies.

SHOULD franchising ever be introduced outside of London, the privatised companies such as Stagecoach and Arriva would only apply to operate routes that were profitable. In essence, the loss of all tendered (non-profitable) services is exactly what the ultimate objective of what was planned some 30 years ago.

Finally, if you don't buy a ticket (vote) don't expect to win the raffle (have your views represented).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)