Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Lancashire County Council Cuts to Bus Services
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Since we know Lancs CC are cutting most supported Bus Services from 2nd April so i thought i would make a feed for it containing a list of the Services that are confirmed as getting chopped along with who currently operates them, I have put the routes into number order

2 Sawley - Low Moor Operated by Holmeswood
3A Ormskirk - Wrightington Operated by Holmeswood
4 Clitheroe - Peel Park Operated by Holmeswood
5 Ormskirk Circular Operated by Holmeswood
5A Longridge - Clitheroe Operated by Stagecoach
6 Ormskirk Circular Operarted by Holmeswood
6/6A Chorley Interchange - Coppull
7/7A/7B Clitheroe Circular Operated by Holmeswood and Stagecoach (7B)
12A Preston - Ormskirk Operated by Stagecoach
14 Preston - Holme Slack Operated by Stagecoach
24A Chorley Interchange - Blackburn Operated by Stagecoach
33 Morecombe Bus Station Circular Operated by Travelers Choice
42 Lancaster Bus Station - Blackpool Operated by Kirkby Lonsdale
55 Lancaster Bus Station - Carnforth Operated by Kirkby Lonsdale
65 Burnley General Hospital - Burney Bus Station Operated by Holmeswood
74 Fleetwood - Blackpool Operated by Stagecoach
84 Fleetwood - Blackpool Operated by Stagecoach
86 Fleetwood - Knott End Operated by Stagecoach
89/89H Knott End - Lancaster Operated by Stagecoach
95 Colne - Burnley Operated by Holmeswood
110 Leyland - Southport Operated by Holmeswood
114 Preston - Bamber Bridge Operated by Stagecoach
115 Preston - Chorley Interchange Operated by Stagecoach
118 Blackburn Boulevard - Leyland (Tescos) Operated by Tyrers
217 Mellor Brook - Preston Operated by Holmeswood
337 Chorley Interchange - Ormskirk Bus Station Operated by Tyrers
347 Chorley Interchange - Southport Operated by Tyrers

This will not affect Stagecoach to much considering how big the company, Its only a couple of Contract loses for Tyrers as it stands however am almost certain there will be a lot of job losses at Holmeswood due to the loss of all of that work.
This is how the Fylde Bus Blog has covered this:

Lancashire Bus Subsidy Under Threat Again

http://fyldebus.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/l...hreat.html

Credit: Fylde Bus Blog.

Some of the cancellations have already started to come through on VOSA (see VOSA thread).
(19/01/2016 22:23)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]This is how the Fylde Bus Blog has covered this:

Lancashire Bus Subsidy Under Threat Again

http://fyldebus.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/l...hreat.html

Credit: Fylde Bus Blog.

Some of the cancellations have already started to come through on VOSA (see VOSA thread).

Was VOSA i used myself, its a shame to see such as huge cut to Services as it will affect people who only have that Bus to use and the people who drive them for a living
It's already happened in Cumbria where subsidy has been withdrawn altogether with operators running as much as they can commercially, no sign of this yet in Lancashire although the public consultation only closes on 27th March, so I expect to see lots of VOSA activity that week.
(20/01/2016 07:07)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]It's already happened in Cumbria where subsidy has been withdrawn altogether with operators running as much as they can commercially, no sign of this yet in Lancashire although the public consultation only closes on 27th March, so I expect to see lots of VOSA activity that week.

Sadly, these cuts were inevitable following the general election in May. We now have a government intent on destroying all public services as they are considered a drain on the exchequer. Personally, I am a frequent user of the Ormskirk route 3A which is clearly an essential service for the elderly. I wonder how many of them now regret placing an X next to a certain name on the ballot paper?
(20/01/2016 08:28)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, these cuts were inevitable following the general election in May. We now have a government intent on destroying all public services as they are considered a drain on the exchequer. Personally, I am a frequent user of the Ormskirk route 3A which is clearly an essential service for the elderly. I wonder how many of them now regret placing an X next to a certain name on the ballot paper?

Its a rhetorical question what other parties would have done though. Nobody's made a suggestion on cutting back on chauffeurs and the brand spanking new executive saloons.
(20/01/2016 08:28)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how many of them now regret placing an X next to a certain name on the ballot paper?

Sadly most of the fools believe these cuts 'are for the good of the country'. But as I always say, the world they live in down in London wher they make these devestating blows is very different to up here, and sadly a lot of elderly are already cut off with their last threads of independence long gone!

As has already been said, it will be interesting to see how much of the large list at the top of the thread remains in a commercial intidy.
Looking at the withdrawal of the 3A service, for example, whole communities are being abandoned such as Newburgh and Parbold plus the vital link from the West Lancs villages to Wrightington and Ormskirk hospitals.
Very scary cuts indeed.
The 3A seems to be heavily used when ive seen it and some occasions a full load too.
(20/01/2016 10:43)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly most of the fools believe these cuts 'are for the good of the country'. But as I always say, the world they live in down in London wher they make these devestating blows is very different to up here, and sadly a lot of elderly are already cut off with their last threads of independence long gone!

To be fair to LCC, it has little option in light of the huge cuts from central government. Also, many rural communities across the country are losing, or have already lost, vital bus services leaving the elderly, the poor and unemployed isolated and unable to access such things as medical appointments and job interviews.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's