Current time: 26/04/2024, 19:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
Can anyone confirm if Gold Trident KN52 NDX has turned up here? And what is intended use?

Many thanks.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
At least one of the KX57 small Enviros is currently at Wincham.
Find all posts by this user
There are currently 3 small Enviro 200s at Wincham. 34, 53 and 54. 2 buses will be moving to Crewe as from Monday the 130 will be operated from there.

(22/02/2020 10:49)knutstransport Wrote:  At least one of the KX57 small Enviros is currently at Wincham.

Works for me
(22/02/2020 17:35)Rick Hunter Wrote:  There are currently 3 small Enviro 200s at Wincham. 34, 53 and 54. 2 buses will be moving to Crewe as from Monday the 130 will be operated from there.
So if it stops interworking with the 88 like it currently does (on a few trips) won't this mean a lot more dead time as the service is timed around the 88 interworking.
Only one 130 journey is worked by an 88 bus, the 19.00 Macclesfield to Handforth, and will continue so. The service isn't timed around the 88. The last 88 from Knutsford arrives in Macclesfield at 18.55. The incoming bus from Handforth arrives around 18.35, but the drivers duty length is over 12 hours at that point so it runs off.

(22/02/2020 20:45)iMarkeh Wrote:  So if it stops interworking with the 88 like it currently does (on a few trips) won't this mean a lot more dead time as the service is timed around the 88 interworking.

Works for me
(22/02/2020 21:11)Rick Hunter Wrote:  Only one 130 journey is worked by an 88 bus, the 19.00 Macclesfield to Handforth, and will continue so. The service isn't timed around the 88. The last 88 from Knutsford arrives in Macclesfield at 18.55. The incoming bus from Handforth arrives around 18.35, but the drivers duty length is over 12 hours at that point so it runs off.
Ahh, fair enough. I thought it was 2 journeys. That is why I said it was partly timed the 88 (as otherwise interworking wouldn't happen).
Almost all of D&Gs routes have been registered through the Traffic Commissioner with changes from April. I think it will be interesting to see what changes. Has anyone heard anything?
There was a big roster change planned for April to coincide with the pay rise. The duties would have to change as we will no longer be paid through and will now lose payment for breaks. However from this week a new roster has been imposed at Wincham meaning all duties are now considerably longer to alleviate a persistent driver shortage. As can be imagined drivers are not happy at all and many are talking of leaving. The new hours will find the guys that regularly worked overtime at weekends will likely no longer do so which will just cause even more shortages. The changes in registrations are likely to be changes to timing points and tweaking of running times to aid time keeping at busy times.

(26/02/2020 01:20)iMarkeh Wrote:  Almost all of D&Gs routes have been registered through the Traffic Commissioner with changes from April. I think it will be interesting to see what changes. Has anyone heard anything?

Works for me
The D&G changes include changes to the 130 - I wouldn't have thought that's been running long enough to decide whether changes due to reliability or patronage are needed. Also it looks like it only includes the Altrincham-Knutsford part of the 88, not the Macclesfield-Knutsford part on a separate registration, so possibly not integration between the 130 and 88 either.
Since Monday the 130 has been operated by Crewe depot and the intention is to interwork with the 38. The 19.00 Macclesfield to Handforth remains operated by Wincham at the moment on the end of an 88 duty.

(26/02/2020 20:49)knutstransport Wrote:  The D&G changes include changes to the 130 - I wouldn't have thought that's been running long enough to decide whether changes due to reliability or patronage are needed. Also it looks like it only includes the Altrincham-Knutsford part of the 88, not the Macclesfield-Knutsford part on a separate registration, so possibly not integration between the 130 and 88 either.

Works for me

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)