Current time: 09/05/2024, 20:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel)
2 of Diamond Atherton's Scania double deckers are now in service and for the time being are confined to former Wigan Coachways work, one was on 352 Winstanley College-Wgan route yesterday along with another on 633 Winstanley-Wigan route, I managed a trip on the one that was doing 633 yesterday afternoon with a driver friend of mine and in my opinion not bad buses, fully CCTV'd, only slight problem I noticed with the one I was on was when the front door was opened the drivers CCTV monitor would default to the camera showing where the centre door would have been.

Only other Diamond decker I noticed was T42PVM heading from Ben Johnson towards Marus Bridge M6 roundabout, obviously on its way to a School
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The 352 and 633 interwork so it would of been the same Decker you seen

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It was definatly a different one Tez as I saw one leave Wigan Bus Station as I was on my way in from Ashton on 600, then I saw the one on 633 already on stand in Bus Station as I got in.
They had a coach doing the 633 in the morning as seen it coming out of wigan bus stn with it on the dests and passengers on it.
In today's N&P a change to the VA requires production of bank statements. This seems rather strange for a firm of their status.
Could you post the full details please, I would like a quick read of it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21/10/2016 17:14)mikestone Wrote:  In today's N&P a change to the VA requires production of bank statements. This seems rather strange for a firm of their status.

Nothing strange about that the requirements of having a licence is that you have so much money set aside for each vehicle you operate ie have a disk for. When an operater applies for an increase to VA the TC/VOSA often ask for evidence that the op has suffient funds to run the vehiches. I'm sure it's £6500 for every vehicle operated.
I know that, but putting a condition like that in N&P on an established operator, part of a quoted PLC, is surely unusual.
(21/10/2016 20:53)mikestone Wrote:  I know that, but putting a condition like that in N&P on an established operator, part of a quoted PLC, is surely unusual.

Haven't Rotala had issues with the TC in another area with a VA reduction plus im sure SLT have had issues in the past so possibly something to do with that.
Preston bus had issues sometime last year where employees didnt get paid numerous times over the space of 2-3 months.

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)