Current time: 10/05/2024, 16:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: South Lancs Travel
34 was on the 610 tonight and was quite full of Wigan fans!

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/02/2015 22:51)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Of these TfGM tender gains, route 71 is the most interesting, as it will give SLT their debut in Manchester city centre.

I agree! Also looking at the Tender Gains in Wigan this also makes their Network Stronger with improved Service on the 635 and more Services.

As for the 715 i think this could be the end for Arriva on there as people are more likley to buy South Lancs Day/Weeklys Tickets as they can use them 7 Days a week and on more Services in the Greater Manchester area Like their 132 from Wigan - The Trafford Centre!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I wish SLT all the luck with these new tenders when they start and yes it will be shame if this means in the future the end of Arriva on 715s as Arriva have had the route for years now and then Bluebus before it, but as me and Bolton Bus Basher only know too well the 715 hasn't had the loadings that it once used to have years ago.

Also with these new tenders it will mean SLT have got both the evening Bolton-Wigan routes that Arriva used to have a while ago as they already have the tender for 576s and now they've got the evening tender on 715s.
Last week wasnt a good week for SLT or the 319. In addition to the previously mentioned Scania breaking down a mini pointer dart also broke down in Ormskirk on Thursday saw it on a low loader going up St Helens road towards the M58 at about 2pm.
Are the T reg Scanias off the road at the moment? Havent seen one yet this week the EL1 has been operated by an Optare Tempo and the 319 is in the hands of Meridians and Omnicities.
(24/02/2015 12:09)MX12CFE Wrote:  Are the T reg Scanias off the road at the moment? Havent seen one yet this week the EL1 has been operated by an Optare Tempo and the 319 is in the hands of Meridians and Omnicities.

Unsure on the status of the Scanias but I noticed Solo's on the 319 last week.
Solos and mpd operated the 319 due to school hols so didn't require big buses for the school duties they operate in between.
I cant see the Scanias being Withdrawn as theres nothing to replace them with the extra work starting soon, best bet is to check the 132 and 715 as these services interwork and i normally see one on there

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
This time last year Tempos were regular on the EL1, when did this stop?
(24/02/2015 17:38)jcksmnr Wrote:  This time last year Tempos were regular on the EL1, when did this stop?

It stopped quite a while ago now think the Tempos couldnt cope with the passenger loadings so the bigger Scanias were deployed instead.

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)