Current time: 05/05/2024, 14:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: South Lancs Travel
(27/02/2014 22:22)South Lancs Travel Wrote:  Bus services that are not commercially viable are put out to tender by local authorities or PTEs. In the case of services 610 and 632 these tenders were awarded to South Lancs. Tender awards are usually based on which operator will do the work for the lowest price.

South Lancs will also be operating evening journeys on service 614.

Chris.

Right, Thank you for that

So could be TFGM decided want stagecoach in wigan withdrawn then ask pay for South Lancs for contract? But how it know there is few passenger or i dont know what word look for...challenge or something?

Thank you,
Martyn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Tenders have to be re-issued at regular intervals - that's the law. There's nothing to say that TfGM don't want Stagecoach or Wigan Buses to operate the service. I'm sure they are doing a good job, they just didn't win the tender this time round. They may well have won other work though, but these things won't be made public until the registration is accepted.

Chris.
(28/02/2014 13:25)South Lancs Travel Wrote:  Tenders have to be re-issued at regular intervals - that's the law. There's nothing to say that TfGM don't want Stagecoach or Wigan Buses to operate the service. I'm sure they are doing a good job, they just didn't win the tender this time round. They may well have won other work though, but these things won't be made public until the registration is accepted.

Chris.

I see thank chris,

I understand, it not do with TFGM.

Thank,

Martyn
Tempo T100 SLT has failed in Ormskirk Bus Station and MPD Y77 SLT is sitting near it with oil all over its bonnet and on the floor underneath! Meridian M333 SLT seems to have replaced the Tempo on the EL1. Floline W397 PRC has just left the bus station after presumably finishing on 319s - an unusual sight these days from what I see.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Martyn, SLT have gained the tenders for the Monday to Saturday evening services on the 610, 614 and 632. The 610 evening service is on two separate contracts, one interworks with the 614, the other with the 632.

There is no change to the Mon-Sat daytime services. I'm not aware of any changes to the other tendered elements of the 610 and 632, or the 631.
(08/03/2014 12:22)Nicholas Wrote:  Martyn, SLT have gained the tenders for the Monday to Saturday evening services on the 610, 614 and 632. The 610 evening service is on two separate contracts, one interworks with the 614, the other with the 632.

There is no change to the Mon-Sat daytime services. I'm not aware of any changes to the other tendered elements of the 610 and 632, or the 631.

My understanding is 632 interworks with which route? i feel 360 or something...mean stagecoach carry on evening on 632? correct me if i'm wrong.

Thank you, nicholas

Martyn
(08/03/2014 12:46)Scania3379man Wrote:  My understanding is 632 interworks with which route? i feel 360 or something...mean stagecoach carry on evening on 632? correct me if i'm wrong.

Thank you, nicholas

Martyn

No, the 632 interworks with one 610 per hour, the 614 interworks with the other 610 per hour.
(08/03/2014 20:39)Nicholas Wrote:  No, the 632 interworks with one 610 per hour, the 614 interworks with the other 610 per hour.

On 1 buses per hour each route you mean that?

martyn
Service changes for SLT services in April now listed on their website.

Services 597, 683, 684, 693 and 694 along with school service 577 will be see route and timetable changes due to the closure of Hough Lane in Tyldesley for the construction of the Guided Busway.

300 will add a Sunday service from 13 April. SLT take over the Monday-Saturday evening services of the 610 and 632 from 27 April. There's timetable changes for the 132 and 613/614, which will partly replace the 624, which will be withdrawn.

The 715 also partly replaces the 624, as it will be re-routed in Scholes. The 515 will be replaced by the 574 (which is reinstated) and the 715 (short journeys between Bolton and Ladybridge), while the 515X is partly replaced by new service 715A.

634 service is re-routed to run direct to/from Belle Green via Ince Bar with Lower Ince served by Wigan Buses service 630.

http://sltbus.com/news.html
http://sltbus.com/vacancies.html since when have SLT had a depot in crewe? Didn't know they were stable and large enough for two depots...

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)