Current time: 26/04/2024, 05:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
I thought there was a 15 year age limit for vehicles using GM bus stations. Also, isn't there an age limit for vehicles on tendered routes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/01/2023 20:44)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I thought there was a 15 year age limit for vehicles using GM bus stations. Also, isn't there an age limit for vehicles on tendered routes.
They had Julia running around for over year. that was a 02 Reg
(16/01/2023 20:44)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I thought there was a 15 year age limit for vehicles using GM bus stations. Also, isn't there an age limit for vehicles on tendered routes.

The 15 year age limit only applies to tendered contracts they can in theory run them on commercial work but there was an agreement by all operators to run minimum euro 6 or retro or equivalent, something these B7’s fall well short of.
Not sure which Depot was operating it but yesterday a strange allocation on X50 was provided with 471 branded Streetdeck 40798 which started off on 09:53 journey from Trafford Centre due to original allocated vehicle which was 33023 being pulled at Trafford Centre to cover what seemed to be a missing board on 126/132/588/584 circuit and ended up leaving Trafford Centre 30 mins late at 09:51 on 09:20 132 service to Wigan.
(19/01/2023 06:39)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure which Depot was operating it but yesterday a strange allocation on X50 was provided with 471 branded Streetdeck 40798 which started off on 09:53 journey from Trafford Centre due to original allocated vehicle which was 33023 being pulled at Trafford Centre to cover what seemed to be a missing board on 126/132/588/584 circuit and ended up leaving Trafford Centre 30 mins late at 09:51 on 09:20 132 service to Wigan.

Apparently there was a load of Eccles drivers at Bolton yesterday route learning the 20,21 and 22.
Can understand Eccles drivers route learning 21/22 services but most Eccles drivers apart from new starters should know 20 as Eccles used to run it until the timetable change last year.
Could anyone please confirm if 31435 is in service yet or is it still just 31434? be much appreciated

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
(20/01/2023 06:32)M60lad Wrote:  Can understand Eccles drivers route learning 21/22 services but most Eccles drivers apart from new starters should know 20 as Eccles used to run it until the timetable change last year.

Only one group of drivers on the rosta that had 20’s on it know it from Eccles.
Diamond Bus have 60 Single Deck and 8 Double Deck Buses on order for the Services they won during Franchise, The Single Deck Buses may arrive in advance of Franchising so could see Service before September.

I also understand Diamond are looking to open a Driving School somewhere in Bolton.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/03/2023 10:46)T42 PVM Wrote:  Diamond Bus have 60 Single Deck and 8 Double Deck Buses on order for the Services they won during Franchise, The Single Deck Buses may arrive in advance of Franchising so could see Service before September.

I also understand Diamond are looking to open a Driving School somewhere in Bolton.

Apparently they are talking to Arriva about taking on their yard in Bolton. My pal who works at Bolton reckons they were told at a meeting on Friday they are expecting 20 single deckers imminently.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)