Current time: 27/04/2024, 19:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
During the evening the non-motorway route doesn't cause much delay. The passengers would be more greatful taking a couple of minutes longer to follow that route rather than ending up 10 miles away in Birchwood due to Highways England's negligence, something that has happened a few times. If a driver knows for a fact the M60 is open and free of major delays then they go down that route, if there's any uncertainty then take the non motorway route. No stops are missed and it has the potential to save major delays or a diversion that can equal 25+ miles......
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/03/2019 08:41)EDB325 Wrote:  Whilst you're 100% correct on that point, the particular piece of legislation is primarily there to ensure that potential passengers are not left waiting at bus stops for a bus that doesn't arrive. That problem doesn't occur with Motorway services, and is therefore hardly likely to be enforced.

I forgot the other option is for the Operator to register an alternative route in case of likely delays which I think Transdev and even First have done. The other consideration is Insurance.
(22/03/2019 13:36)gilesbus1 Wrote:  You also have two buses carrying the registration SN68 AJZ also one at Atherton and one at Tividale as both have changed the plates, when only one should have, suspect this should be the solution:-

20159 SN68 AJS - Tividale
20166 SN68 AJZ - Atherton

although originally you would have had

20159 SN68 AJZ - Atherton
20166 SN68 AJS - Tividale

Has anyone seen DBNW 20159 since the Friday last week?

I saw Tividale's 20159 yesterday & it was in service registered SN68 AJZ

Found a picture from Mon 25th March - DNBW 20159 is still registered SN68 AJS as it has been from day one.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stu2112/47411278132
(27/03/2019 12:05)Winston Wrote:  Has anyone seen DBNW 20159 since the Friday last week?

I saw Tividale's 20159 yesterday & it was in service registered SN68 AJZ

Found a picture from Mon 25th March - DNBW 20159 is still registered SN68 AJS as it has been from day one.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stu2112/47411278132

DNBW 20159 SN68 AJS was on 126 today
(27/03/2019 21:21)Citibus Wrote:  DNBW 20159 SN68 AJS was on 126 today

Cheers, looks as thought there's still 20159's but with different registrations.
Not quite sure where to put this so it can be viewed by those interested, but Rotala appear to have announced yesterday an 18% growth in profits to over £4m and also announced once again there aim to grow, yet again but now state they are interested in larger fleets being disposed of by large groups, but don't specify what, they also state an interest in acquiring large fleets in new area's. This seems the best place to post it as it has some bearing on local operations. I suggest watching the video with Simon Dunn in it, which explains all the growth opportunities and all the problems the business faces.

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/com...12931.html
Batch of Mercedes / Mellor bread vans due at Eccles with he first one now arrived being LN19UBB
(11/04/2019 06:59)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Batch of Mercedes / Mellor bread vans due at Eccles with he first one now arrived being LN19UBB

What will these be used for? Certainly not TFGM tenders as doubt they comply with accessibility and anything with such small capacity would not pass budget limitations eg. Cost per pax jny to taxpayer.
(11/04/2019 09:01)Brickmill Wrote:  What will these be used for? Certainly not TFGM tenders as doubt they comply with accessibility and anything with such small capacity would not pass budget limitations eg. Cost per pax jny to taxpayer.

I’m pretty sure diamond hold a Trafford school tender with a specified capacity in the 20s. These could be useful on that (and I bet the 84 too).
(11/04/2019 13:41)djb Wrote:  I’m pretty sure diamond hold a Trafford school tender with a specified capacity in the 20s. These could be useful on that (and I bet the 84 too).

Are they fully DDA compliant and how many seats do they have?

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)