Current time: 26/04/2024, 09:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Happy Als
RE: Happy Als
(03/03/2021 19:13)iMarkeh Wrote:  This will be fantastic to see the allocations. Scania thrash along the A540 haha.

Could be ex-Lothian Volvo too!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Apparently a pair of new Enviro200's are due for the route an a 09 reg Enviro200.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03/03/2021 18:00)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote:  Happy Al's to take over the 22/X22 West Kirby to Chester service from April 4th.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/573068/

Now that is the surprise of the year 2021 , never expected them to be asked to do anything like that , so what is Stagecoach doing with the vehicles that presently run this service then , i wonder.
(03/03/2021 23:02)wirralbus Wrote:  Now that is the surprise of the year 2021 , never expected them to be asked to do anything like that , so what is Stagecoach doing with the vehicles that presently run this service then , i wonder.

As the route only has a PVR of 3, my guess they will return to the vehicle pool, either that or replace some older vehicle in the fleet, of allow others to pass to other organisations
Well that was definitely a wtf moment!! Trying to remember when they did a non school route.
Would be be much more interesting with a Dublin Olympian though
If my memory serves me correctly it was up until 2006 when happy al's lost the 177 Woodside - Heswall, 190 prenton circular the 145/146 & the 154/155 circular routes to radonneur which I worked for from 2006 - 2008.

They were under investigation by merseytravel at that time and the traffic commissioner stripped happy al's of public services and were allowed to only operate school routes.
I remember them operating the 140 in St Helens at one point too.
(04/03/2021 19:38)jcksmnr Wrote:  I remember them operating the 140 in St Helens at one point too.

I remember seeing them walking home from School as a kid as the 140 was my local route before the 32A replaced it in 2006 I think
Yeah would have been around then, the usual bus was a Dart MPD.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)