Current time: 17/05/2024, 01:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel - 30 Year Plan
RE: Merseytravel - 30 Year Plan
I was led to believe the rebuilding of Liverpool Lime Street was so that the station had another platform capable of taking a full size pendolino to enable the Virgin service to be ramped up to a 30 minute service frequency in the future , probably at least 2 or more years hence.

Liverpool South Parkway will be interesting to see how the main platforms 1 and 2 can be extended due to the close proximity of pointwork at both the Runcorn and Liverpool ends of this platform , there is a big possibility that platform 3 and 4 could have a seriously long extension added at the Runcorn end of the station.

The Burscough Curves seem to have been on the agenda since i was a child and not really got off the drawing board , i know it could take some road traffic off the road between Ormskirk and Southport , which can not be a bad thing if it does come off.

Kirkby - Wigan electrification could probably give the line a much needed boost by giving it evening and sunday services , lets seen how much demand there would be for it . When will this Headbolt Lane stop be built if ever.

Maybe the Merseyrail takeover is where the options for these extra Stadler train options come in. A minimum service frequency 30 mins would probably bring growth to this line , the hourly service at present stifles demand.

Off all the stations listed only maghull North seems at this time to be coming through .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merseytravel - 30 Year Plan - wirralbus - 04/04/2017 14:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)