Current time: 17/05/2024, 20:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot
(08/09/2016 17:40)RedPanda Wrote:  Does anybody know what sapphire bus had the RTC? And has anybody seen the extent of the damage?

It is 4537, however not seen the damage
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/09/2016 17:14)C209 GTU Wrote:  2727 was OK but 2716 sounds a bit ropey and could do with a repaint (too expensive I guess) still in the old Arriva livery and been touched up on the off side as well, at least I know where the Gemini's are now. Personally I am quite enjoying the interlude from Gemini's but I am not so sure about the non-enthusiast passengers!!

There have been changes to the 11 route as well, it now serves Presthaven Sands in both directions and on the outward from Rhyl does not go along the promenade anymore instead traversing Russell Road to regain its old route at the Fire Station

I take it both have been out on 11s today? I've been on 2727 on the X51 and its a good bus, also does both the 11G/11M serve Presthaven or just one of them?
(08/09/2016 17:44)DK09 GXY Wrote:  I take it both have been out on 11s today? I've been on 2727 on the X51 and its a good bus, also does both the 11G/11M serve Presthaven or just one of them?

Yes both have been on the 11's 2727 worked into Rhyl at 16:40 and was swapped for 2716 which worked the 16:45 x Rhyl, may have been 2716's first working as a Rhyl bus

From the notices on the buses I take it that all services go to Presthaven, I cannot confirm as I only travel between Prestatyn & Rhyl
(08/09/2016 17:57)C209 GTU Wrote:  Yes both have been on the 11's 2727 worked into Rhyl at 16:40 and was swapped for 2716 which worked the 16:45 x Rhyl, may have been 2716's first working as a Rhyl bus

From the notices on the buses I take it that all services go to Presthaven, I cannot confirm as I only travel between Prestatyn & Rhyl

Oh right ok, thanks for info. I think if I'm free on Saturday I'm gonna try and go on them (but knowing my luck they'll probably be on something else haha)
(08/09/2016 17:42)DK09 GXY Wrote:  It is 4537, however not seen the damage

Thanks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/09/2016 18:52)RedPanda Wrote:  Thanks

No worries Smile
(08/09/2016 17:14)C209 GTU Wrote:  2727 was OK but 2716 sounds a bit ropey and could do with a repaint (too expensive I guess) still in the old Arriva livery and been touched up on the off side as well, at least I know where the Gemini's are now. Personally I am quite enjoying the interlude from Gemini's but I am not so sure about the non-enthusiast passengers!!

There have been changes to the 11 route as well, it now serves Presthaven Sands in both directions and on the outward from Rhyl does not go along the promenade anymore instead traversing Russell Road to regain its old route at the Fire Station

2716 always sounded "ropey" when it was a Speke bus and it has been gone for a few years now.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
As i mentioned late last year, this Sunday 11th of September Rhyls 2151-2155 will transfer to Wrexham with 914/917 and 918-920 heading in the opposite direction to see out their lifes before then being replaced by new buses again! Smile

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

With ref to 2716, a paint job only costs materials as the labour is already paid for in the Bodyshop budget because the staff there are employed full time. Age is probably why it won't be repainted and the fact it will only have weeks left in service.

Also 2727 will end it's career here as well.
2713 was on the X51 today in Wrexham, still with ARRIVA Merseyside legals applied. Looked a little tired on the nearside paintwork.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)