Current time: 19/05/2024, 12:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Stagecoach Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Wigan
I believe the strike is more to do with changes to T&Cs than outright pay...
Find all posts by this user
I did have a look at Wigan depot today, mainly to see what London Tridents were present....and the CMT B10BLE 21118 W467CRN turned up (unfortunately wasn't quick enough to get a shot), and B10M trainer 20973 was seen at Wigan bus station.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(11/09/2014 17:18)gka472l Wrote:  I did have a look at Wigan depot today, mainly to see what London Tridents were present....and the CMT B10BLE 21118 W467CRN turned up (unfortunately wasn't quick enough to get a shot), and B10M trainer 20973 was seen at Wigan bus station.

HTH

It that orange and yellow livery? I saw it pass on goose green at Yates fish and chip shop when me and my brother order it. it going to wigan depot, i think.

Martyn
(11/09/2014 17:02)mbonwick Wrote:  I believe the strike is more to do with changes to T&Cs than outright pay...

Stagecoach were most definitely beating around the bush in a statement they gave us earlier on today, with Christopher Bowles stating, "We are puzzled about why the union has balloted its members at Wigan and decided to take industrial action".

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
As I said it is about pay; they are trying to buy out the ex first core rate drivers for less than they want; and put everybody on a lower rate than main stagecoach Manchester
The industrial action in my opinion is justified.
They have drafted in allocators, managers etc... From other depots in order to cover as much as they can.
(11/09/2014 20:58)R557 ABA Wrote:  Stagecoach were most definitely beating around the bush in a statement they gave us earlier on today, with Christopher Bowles stating, "We are puzzled about why the union has balloted its members at Wigan and decided to take industrial action".

Unions don't go on strike when their demands are met. Therefore you can be sure that the pay rise isn't the main issue here...
(12/09/2014 10:29)mbonwick Wrote:  Unions don't go on strike when their demands are met. Therefore you can be sure that the pay rise isn't the main issue here...

The problem might not have been about the pay, but in order for Stagecoach to fulfill the request of the union, they may have very well added additional terms into how they're going to fulfill that request.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Its not just pay as stagecoach are after some of there conditions to like "paid meal breaks" etc
Which is what I said to start with Rolleyes Hammer - T&Cs are the issue, not the basic pay rise.
Interesting that every duty was covered today and 100% of services operated.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)