Current time: 26/04/2024, 14:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Stagecoach Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Wigan
Stagecoach pay for 3 parking spaces anyway plus you have the bus stop near the post sorting office and wouldnt incur much operational cost as they will be paying standby drivers to sit around to cover stuff anyway and that bus may only do a trip or 2 each day and would only cover any trip that would be to late to operate its trip to manchester as arriva st helens do it when they have problems and park a spare bus up in the town centre to fill in if and where needed to keep the network moving.
Find all posts by this user
No,ive worked in the public transport industry since i was 16.
I done 3 yrs as an apprentice fitter and have now done 10 yrs driving for numerous firms as been with arriva for the past 5 yrs.
I know about costs that may occur but at the same time if its the same times thats operating late and people complain then its just a quick fix solution that gives the original bus in the schedule to drop back into its slot when it arrives back at wigan as it would reduce complaints, lost mileage and keeps the traffic commisionor of there backs.
Im assuming you work in the bus industry.
(11/05/2014 14:58)motormayhem1 Wrote:  No,ive worked in the public transport industry since i was 16.
I done 3 yrs as an apprentice fitter and have now done 10 yrs driving for numerous firms as been with arriva for the past 5 yrs.
I know about costs that may occur but at the same time if its the same times thats operating late and people complain then its just a quick fix solution that gives the original bus in the schedule to drop back into its slot when it arrives back at wigan as it would reduce complaints, lost mileage and keeps the traffic commisionor of there backs.
Im assuming you work in the bus industry.

Stagecoach Wigan have spare buses and drivers at leigh and wigan(thunderbirds lol)
I was suggesting it as a temporary fix so it gives them time to look into the problem with great detail as i know it wouldnt work as a permenant fix but at least the gaps would be filled as i understand it takes great depth to organise a full reschedule.
i'd got in wigan bus station by single decker enviro300 this morning and noticed the enviro400, 19091 MX56 PHA stand bus park for all day i'm think so it is transfer or something?

Thank you.

Martyn
(20/05/2014 10:55)Scania3379man Wrote:  i'd got in wigan bus station by single decker enviro300 this morning and noticed the enviro400, 19091 MX56 PHA stand bus park for all day i'm think so it is transfer or something?

Thank you.

Martyn

Yeah the new 56 plater Enviro400s are replacements for the 170** Tridents that have departed.
(20/05/2014 11:20)Scania1996 Wrote:  Yeah the new 56 plater Enviro400s are replacements for the 170** Tridents that have departed.

Right, Thank you, Scania, Never thought about that. it there anymore replacements for trident to wigan from?

cheerio,

Martyn
A handful of X-BNE MAN 18.220s have arrived from Stockport as well but these aren't trident replacements
(20/05/2014 16:02)Scania1996 Wrote:  A handful of X-BNE MAN 18.220s have arrived from Stockport as well but these aren't trident replacements

Oh, Thank you again, I understand.,

cheerio

Martyn
(20/05/2014 16:24)Scania3379man Wrote:  Oh, Thank you again, I understand.,

cheerio

Martyn
22233,22234 and 22235.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)