Current time: 06/05/2024, 17:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
We have the Mathew Street Festival this weekend so i would expect some delays due to diversions and the increase of traffic.
Find all posts by this user
First Class MSteens is the Manager and owner of Impera I still think its a good firm with great Buses (Darts) ok there having teething problems but Mark runs a tight ship at Impera and if there is any problems Him and the team will sort it out I think all problems will be resolved shortly or I hope to be.
Yer the 130/210+250 and 39 have teething problems so do A2B 106 for example which is always late tbh but I think with the amount of presure impera are really doing well

Even though I no longer work as a cleaner for Impera as A enthusiast I class this as my faveroute firm and I support Mark and the team all the way
Impera are going to get bigger and I think they will be around for a very long time to come
They have no buses with numbers stuck on they have 1 london the X reg one with london dests Mark has already said LED will be fitted soon sorry from a non enthusiast view I know what Mark is like he is a good person and is earning a living doing what he wanted to do runa a bus company.

I have a lot of time for Impera and certain members of the managment team and I still ocasionally talk to Mark Steens I think he will last a lobg time to come lay off him and Impera he is trying give him time and he will do well
It's easy to say "lay off" them but when you use these routes with regularity it's hard to find sympathy for late (over 15 minutes) running or no showing at all. Fair enough there are going to be issues but how long do you give until these issues become unacceptable? It's been at least two weeks now and fair enough this weekend is an exception but other weekends where there have been no such issues such as last weekend it's unacceptable for buses to be running up to 15 minutes late. This is from a regular user of the 130 and not being looked at as an "enthusiast", I couldn't care who ran it as long as they ran it to timetable and with the correct buses.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Look I use the 39 rehular and it runs late but Mark is telling the truth he had staffing problems now sorted so services should resume 1 of the 250's comes off 39's and the 164/5 comes off the other 2 39 so there is a excuse with 1 of the buses on 210/250 that I think starts 1944 off Maghull well something like that
If the 130 is constantly running late, then Merseytravel should sort it out. If they are not willing to do so, then I think VOSA should get involved, as it is not fair for bus companies to risk being punished due to the incompetent service planning of the contracting agency. If this was TfGM, then the timetable would be amended or route tweaked to allow running time to be spread out - this is the case with the 171 service from next weekend.
Aren't operators allowed to change timetables on tendered services? If so, maybe just making that bus an extra 5 minutes to get to Maghull would solve late running! I think we should see what happens next, lets not forget Cumfybus had teething problems in their first few weeks on the 130/210/250.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
With the 130, the route could be cut back to Netherton, after all the 55 covers the Netherton to Old Roan section and that would allow for running time to be redistributed or for more recovery time at either end.

As for the 210/250, perhaps the city centre route needs to be changed, with journeys terminating omitting Sir Thomas Street to free up a few extra minutes.
Yes operators can supply different timetables during the contract as long is it doesnt increase the agreed price. Over the years the running times have been changed several times on the 130/210/250 as new operators get used to them
The issue with cutting it back is that some people may be making connections where they can't meet the 55, most of the 130 route is covered in some form or another but none make the direct connections possible.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)