Current time: 26/04/2024, 07:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
Runcorn and Runcorn East are on opposite sides of the Runcorn township and as such have very different markets to corner.
Find all posts by this user
Any ideas when 'Borderlines' Bidston to Wrexham tender ends for ATW as I heard Merseyrail are taking over and electrifying the line ... is there any truth in this?
(02/10/2017 07:46)E208 WBG Wrote:  Any ideas when 'Borderlines' Bidston to Wrexham tender ends for ATW as I heard Merseyrail are taking over and electrifying the line ... is there any truth in this?

ATW franchise ends 13 October 2018. As for future operators on this line and Wales throughout just wait and see.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think the electrification of Bidston - Wrexham was postponed on costs grounds with Network Rail quoting a vastly inflated price compared to original estimates.
ATW services scheduled to make additional calls at stations between Wilmslow and Crewe today are not making those calls, apparently because the RMT disputed it.
(03/10/2017 15:22)knutstransport Wrote:  ATW services scheduled to make additional calls at stations between Wilmslow and Crewe today are not making those calls, apparently because the RMT disputed whether it was legally permitted.

Patricroft is also affected between Newton-Le-Willows and Manchester. Strange how this legal ruling doesn't seem to be affecting Cross Country and East Midlands Trains making additional stops.
(03/10/2017 15:44)knutstransport Wrote:  I think it's a grey area. Northern certainly couldn't subcontract a Liverpool to Manchester Airport via Chat Moss service to EMT for instance. However, if EMT chose to run such a service to help out passengers then it would be perfectly legal.

Some EMT services are calling additionally at Dronfield today.

ATW were originally going to do additional calls at Sandbach/Alderley Edge/Cheadle Hulme today but due to unknown circumstances they are only doing the usual Wilmslow/Stockport calls.
I deleted my earlier post because on checking Northern could subcontract to another TOC during industrial action but they can't use agency staff to fill in as guards: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/...ion/7/made
ATW are making additional stops today with regard to the Northern strike.
I seem to recall ATW applied for Sunday calls at Alderley, Holmes Chapel and Sandbach so that they could call in similar eventualities but only seem to have introduced them at AE.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)