Current time: 21/05/2024, 22:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Since the extention on the 423 from Seacombe reliability has gone right downhill, buses are regally late.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Im not sure its because of the extension or because the bus is turning up late at Seacombe Ferry from its expedition around the wirral.
3047 was on 492/5 today also 4509 was on 409 and 3001 tookover from something that must have broken down on 464.Saw it coming from Laird Street and turning towards Bebington in Birkenhead and later saw it in service on 464.
On the 423 now its a Gemini decker and the LED display is showing Seacombe not Birkenhead

Also, the Victoria Str. stop before the tunnel apparently isnt being served by Wirral services for 5 weeks, I assume something to do with Queen Sq.
As someone who takes an interest in what advertisements buses carry I wonder why when buses that are involved in accidents the advertisements frames are not repaired and replaced as well,there are quite a few with damaged frames or none at all? I am only referring to Laird Street mainly but it applies other depots and companies as well.
(15/03/2016 00:39)bus401 Wrote:  As someone who takes an interest in what advertisements buses carry I wonder why when buses that are involved in accidents the advertisements frames are not repaired and replaced as well,there are quite a few with damaged frames or none at all? I am only referring to Laird Street mainly but it applies other depots and companies as well.

I also wonder why adverts are not swapped when moving vehicles geographically. There is a Pulsar running around Liverpool with an advert for a Wirral high school. It's obviously been paid for by the school, but it's not doing much good over in Liverpool. There is also a Pulsar at Green Lane advertising Wirral Council recycling initiatives and has been for a fair while now.
(15/03/2016 10:17)Enviro400 Wrote:  I also wonder why adverts are not swapped when moving vehicles geographically. There is a Pulsar running around Liverpool with an advert for a Wirral high school. It's obviously been paid for by the school, but it's not doing much good over in Liverpool. There is also a Pulsar at Green Lane advertising Wirral Council recycling initiatives and has been for a fair while now.

A few St Helens buses carry ads for Greater Manchester. Ok if its running round Wigan but not good if its in Liverpool.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/02/2016 19:47)Enviro400 Wrote:  On the 423 now its a Gemini decker and the LED display is showing Seacombe not Birkenhead

Also, the Victoria Str. stop before the tunnel apparently isnt being served by Wirral services for 5 weeks, I assume something to do with Queen Sq.

The 423 is one of my local routes, & i've seen Seacombe rather than Birkenhead displayed quite a lot.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
The pulsar in Liverpool advertising Wirral recycling was probably 3126 which is now back at Laird Street.
There is a solo on 418/9 today

User(s) browsing this thread: 39 Guest(s)