Current time: 17/05/2024, 00:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(22/04/2019 08:34)DVG526 Wrote:  Merseytravel need to stop wasting money sending the likes of 2 empty buses an hour round Blakeley Drive, and hourly round Poulton Lancelyn etc and spend it on a proper hourly evening service for Ford/Nocky. Diverting the 437 etc isn’t an option.
Merseytravel need to do a lot of things. They don't listen though. Too much about what one single councillor wants and not what the passengers want.

Look at all the money wasted on the Christmas Day buses. They don't need to be free. Some of the routes didn't even carry or carried very little. The amount they wasted on Christmas day could have probably paid for a good few months of evening buses.

I think the 492/495 are viable at night but only if ran on their own (not interworking with the 124/125). Then you have the issue of the operators. Smaller companies don't want to risk commercial work and the big companies don't want to run in eachothers areas.
I don't know why Merseytravel hasn't put it up for tender under minimum cost so they then get all the revenue. They would make a profit on the tender.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/04/2019 06:07)MTL0201 Wrote:  I doubt it, the 437 is busy between Upton Station & Claughton Village as it is, little chance of that being rerouted, as i've said it's the only route that uses Upton Road between those points, most likely maybe reintroduce 492/495 on an hourly headway, or divert the Stagecoach 38A through Beechwood, & divert one of the Woodchurch Road routes via Noctorum, that'd most likely be left to Merseytravel
There is at most four bus stops missed out between Upton Station and Tollemache Road , at night and on sundays , its a case of rob peter to pay paul.

A problem with the 38A is its a long and winding route at the best of times with inherent reliability problems as it is now.

It will be interesting to see any loadings on the daytime sunday when it gets introduced around Noctorum / Beechwood a case of use or lose it again.
(22/04/2019 08:34)DVG526 Wrote:  Merseytravel need to stop wasting money sending the likes of 2 empty buses an hour round Blakeley Drive, and hourly round Poulton Lancelyn etc and spend it on a proper hourly evening service for Ford/Nocky. Diverting the 437 etc isn’t an option.

In the same breath do not send buses round Caldy , there not needed there either .

What merseytravel are trying to do is evenly spread there finances evenly across the borough. Its just plain to see that Avon's demise left a dirty big black hole , bigger than any of the other disruptions when companies have gone to the wall.
Doesn't matter if it's 4 stops diverting the 437 isn't an option, only option is to have an evening & Sunday 492/495, or 418 with another route diverted through Noctorum, but looks like Merseytravel will have to fund it, otherwise Arriva would already have an evening & Sunday service, Avon going belly up hasn't helped matters either.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
With Avon taking on so many contracted services, it was always going to cause problems when they ceased trading.
There just isnt the passengers for a 418.
Passengers wouldnt stand for the 471/2 to be moved from its present route , particulary the passengers from Heswall , irby , Thingwall and Pensby trying to get into Liverpool.

This leaves the possibility of the 41a/b and 42 or 423
Or another possibility, reintroduce the 492/495 evening & Sunday service most likely hourly frequency, that'd kill 2 stones in one without diverting other routes to compensate, most likely have to be tendered, the 423 is long enough as it is without further re routings making it even longer.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

I got in touch with Merseytravel about this exact same thing, and the fresh air carrying moreton circulars after 7pm, saying get rid of those which benefit a couple of people but mostly fresh air, and use money to fund the 492/5 which was busy.

The response was basically it makes their charts look good to run it how it is, and isnt based on passenger numbers.

I also agree that re-routing any other routes is not an option, its not practical and the distance out of their current areas they would have to go, would just put people off using it that currently do.
If anyone knows where 3003 is tomorrow to please let me know it’s my last 59 plate Pulsar
It could be anywhere ,the best thing to do is go to Birkenhead bus station and hope for the best It could be on any route at the moment including cross river.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)