Current time: 30/04/2024, 19:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(20/04/2019 23:36)MTL0201 Wrote:  Going way back, evening & Sunday 437s used to interwork the 423, when the evening & Sunday 437 was every 30 minutes, & that went back to the predecessor 37 which interworked the 3A, that's why the 423 was extended to/from Liverpool, when 437 gained an evening & Sunday service to/from Liverpool, as the interworking continued for a few years after, now the 423 is stand alone route, back then evening & Sunday 431 as it was then, interworked the old 7A/8E[i know this as 7A/8E were my local routes], driver changes done at Leasowe Station, interworking i suppose saves ferrying drivers to the change point, when they can change at the depot.

All the current routes are busy enough without having to divert through the Beechwood, thing is 437 would be the natural diversion, but that'd mean parts of that route without a bus, 437 Claughton-Upton station section is the only route that serves those roads, & it's quite busy from those stops, the only thing maybe Merseytravel reintroduce evening & Sunday 492/495, or part of the 418 maybe Arrowe Park-Birkenhead.

It is still possible for the 437 to do either of Noctorum or Beechwood but not both , so it really depends on which one may be a bigger objective and still serve Upton Station and Claughton Village
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 21/04/2019 13:46

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)