Current time: 15/05/2024, 04:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(15/12/2018 14:12)wirralbus Wrote:  I agree with you maybe a Sunday Daytime service provision for the 492/5 during shopping hours only maybe 10 till 5

The services that they operate on a Sunday must be the most profitable , why did it take so long for them to realise there was traffic on the 464 on a Sunday though .

A tendered service every 70 minutes is probably trying to keep the route down to One vehicle , arent they looking at bus in the other direction numbered 107 looking at the proposals .

I’d argue provisions were still inadequate after the network review, there’s even less now due to the demise of Avon. There’s definitely profit to be made for a Sunday daytime service on 492/5, I doubt Arriva would consider it as they have cut their routes a tad in recent months.

And I’d certainly hope so. I’ve had a look at the timetable, tinkering with it, and full circular service on the 106, with the reverse numbered 107, going straight back to Liscard from Wallasey Village is possible with a 90 minute frequency in both directions, still a PVR of 1 bus.

But that’s possibly wishful thinking, A bus in one direction only, every 70 minutes is simply not a good enough provision for this area, considering the services it has had in days gone by. It’s went from looking at a replacement for the 124/5 evening Sunday service, to getting any bus at all Monday - Saturday. I know it can’t be helped, but it’s still woefully inadequate. Notwithstanding the 10/10A haven’t been replaced, and they cut across Poulton Road too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - mrd97 - 15/12/2018 14:18

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)