Current time: 04/05/2024, 22:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
So can we presume that 4200 and 4201 are know longer Laird Street vehicles. On an another thing thing is 2629 still a Laird Street vehicle?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2629 is still here and 4201 has now returned but 4200 remains at Speke.
Arriva NW Facebook page confirms 4001 and 4002 will be retired within the next 12 months in response to a comment. I guess this is what 2x of the new Enviro 400 batch are for
(06/03/2015 11:23)Enviro400 Wrote:  Arriva NW Facebook page confirms 4001 and 4002 will be retired within the next 12 months in response to a comment. I guess this is what 2x of the new Enviro 400 batch are for

The other four will be replacing the VLWs
Happy days, I'm always a bit gutted when either a VLW or a President turns up. Its a shame the old Palatine IIs were stepped, I'm sure they'd still be running strong to this day if they met regulations. What would they be now, 19 years old? I'd take one of those over a hybrid, VLW or President any day!
The Palatine II looked a big burly beast of a double decker , the VLW's in particular looked very lightweight .
Is there even any confirmation about Birkenhead getting new buses? The below article is about the only official information (and certainly more believable, IMO, than the current rumours going around) about the order that I've found and it mentions 47 Enviro400s (35 for Green Lane and 12 for Speke) and 11 Enviro200s (5 for Rhyl and 6 for Wrexham) - nothing for Birkenhead, unless they're to MAX or Sapphire standard...
http://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/arrivas-2015-orders/

To be honest, Birkenhead don't even need new 'deckers. Am I the only one who thinks that they'd be a waste when other depots are still struggling with single-deckers? The current older ones are mainly wasted on local services apart from when they're covering hybrids when they're unavailable - that reason hardly justifies brand-new ones though.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/03/2015 19:18)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  Is there even any confirmation about Birkenhead getting new buses? The below article is about the only official information (and certainly more believable, IMO, than the current rumours going around) about the order that I've found and it mentions 47 Enviro400s (35 for Green Lane and 12 for Speke) and 11 Enviro200s (5 for Rhyl and 6 for Wrexham) - nothing for Birkenhead, unless they're to MAX or Sapphire standard...

To be honest, Birkenhead don't even need new 'deckers. Am I the only one who thinks that they'd be a waste when other depots are still struggling with single-deckers? The current older ones are mainly wasted on local services apart from when they're covering hybrids when they're unavailable - that reason hardly justifies brand-new ones though.

It was mentioned on the Arriva North West Facebook page earlier in the week that Birkenhead are due 6 Enviro 400's.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Birkenhead depot does need new double deckers. The depot only has two double deckers with more than 66 seats and some high capacity deckers (ie Enviro400s) are definitely required
(06/03/2015 19:18)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  Is there even any confirmation about Birkenhead getting new buses? The below article is about the only official information (and certainly more believable, IMO, than the current rumours going around) about the order that I've found and it mentions 47 Enviro400s (35 for Green Lane and 12 for Speke) and 11 Enviro200s (5 for Rhyl and 6 for Wrexham) - nothing for Birkenhead, unless they're to MAX or Sapphire standard...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)