Current time: 08/05/2024, 17:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(13/12/2020 17:13)L401CJF Wrote:  Allocations office as in duty allocation - its where the chap who does all the shifts and holidays etc works- he is also working the Woodside desk so to speak, ie checking those due to book on there are there etc.

Woodside is a base where a number of duties book on and book off there. Drivers who are on a shift on either the 409,410,411,413,414,464,487 will either report to or sign off at Woodside as well as take their meal break there. All reliefs at Woodside are done in either the bus park or woodside bus station with the exception of the 464/487 who shunt in a van to Hamilton St.

It is a pain at the moment as there are no shifts that book on and finish at woodside, but rather you sign on at laird st in the morning and take the bus out then finish at woodside, or you may book on at woodside in the afternoon and run the bus into Laird St at the end of the day, so you have to work out where to park your car -if you have time to take it to laird st or vice versa on your break etc.

Worth mentioning woodside canteen isn't open weekends , and didn't open during the lockdown period so proved it could be avoided successfully.

As far as I know no service changes, I assume all 410s will have the driver change on Duke St instead.
Thank you for that information. Very interesting.

I can certainly see the issue with booking on in one place and signing off somewhere else. That can't be good for drivers trying to work out where to park their car.

As for service changes, I would have thought possible they may have opted to do some small changes to then interwork services so that they could reduce the amount of shunt vehicles needed (Drop Woodside on the 409 then interwork it with the 418 so then drivers change outside the depot for example).

413/414/464/487 I presume will end up changing over at the back of the Pyramids the same as Stagecoach does on the 471/2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
464 and 487 have changeover after they come out of tunnel INBOUND from Liverpool
(14/12/2020 18:25)SNL 824 Wrote:  464 and 487 have changeover after they come out of tunnel INBOUND from Liverpool

Currently yes, but Arriva have previously used Central Station by the steps as a relief point back when they cut the 403 and 413 to terminate there. They currently use Wallasey Village Station for some evening 423 reliefs and also when the 403 operated between Arrowe Park and Seacombe Village Station was used for all reliefs
If social distancing is still in place when Woodside closes, that’s going to be a pain in the backside for everyone to sign on at LS (assuming everyone obeys the 2m rule)
(14/12/2020 22:44)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  If social distancing is still in place when Woodside closes, that’s going to be a pain in the backside for everyone to sign on at LS (assuming everyone obeys the 2m rule)

Space is tight in both Laird St and Woodside canteens at the moment with only one driver allowed to sit at each table so could be interesting, they could always use a bus as additional canteen space as they have done in other regions. I think one of the DB250s (now on laird st scrap line) was used as a canteen space at a Yorkshire depot.
(15/12/2020 01:19)L401CJF Wrote:  Space is tight in both Laird St and Woodside canteens at the moment with only one driver allowed to sit at each table so could be interesting, they could always use a bus as additional canteen space as they have done in other regions. I think one of the DB250s (now on laird st scrap line) was used as a canteen space at a Yorkshire depot.

A number of depots are using some training buses Runcorn have had a Volvo B10BLE parked
(15/12/2020 16:42)trixmax2000 Wrote:  A number of depots are using some training buses Runcorn have had a Volvo B10BLE parked

Anytime is bad enough but using a bus as a ‘canteen’ area during winter is a disgrace. During a pandemic is unbelievable. Front line workers? Thanks.
(15/12/2020 22:38)DVG526 Wrote:  Anytime is bad enough but using a bus as a ‘canteen’ area during winter is a disgrace. During a pandemic is unbelievable. Front line workers? Thanks.

Can't argue with that
(17/12/2020 00:29)SNL 824 Wrote:  Can't argue with that

Completely agree
A recent arrival from Bootle is 2644, which is on the 410/411 today whilst 4492 has left Birkenhead for it's home depot, Speke.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)