Current time: 27/04/2024, 04:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
2956 is currently a designated school bus for the S487.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4492 is currently here.
(01/12/2020 20:50)N304CLV Wrote:  4492 is currently here.

Possible cover for 4511 which is at Thomas Hardie Volvo or 4107 which is currently in scrap corner with the DB250s (unsure why)
Does anyone know why 3001 and 3002 don't show on the bus tracker, please?
(09/12/2020 10:57)lcm453 Wrote:  Does anyone know why 3001 and 3002 don't show on the bus tracker, please?

Both buses are at Runcorn, I assume you are trying to use the Arriva Merseyside tracking map?

3001 has been at Runcorn as I believe it came to Runcorn after Halton's demise, 3002 was transferred to Runcorn in exchange for 3000, the latter of which returned to Birkenhead two months ago.
The Woodside canteen and allocation office is to close Permanently from the April timetable change. All shunts will be ran out of Laird St.
How Woodside has died over the years
yes,what a shame,used to be my second home when I was a child.
(12/12/2020 19:09)L401CJF Wrote:  The Woodside canteen and allocation office is to close Permanently from the April timetable change. All shunts will be ran out of Laird St.
What currently happens at Woodside then currently? I would have thought allocations would have been done in the depot? As for breaks, I take it basically drivers shuttle to Woodside but post April, drivers will grab a car and will go to the routes chageover instead with all breaks in the depot? Due to the closure, are there any expected changes to services to reduce the amount of shunt vehicles?

Thanks in advance.
(13/12/2020 15:42)iMarkeh Wrote:  What currently happens at Woodside then currently? I would have thought allocations would have been done in the depot? As for breaks, I take it basically drivers shuttle to Woodside but post April, drivers will grab a car and will go to the routes chageover instead with all breaks in the depot? Due to the closure, are there any expected changes to services to reduce the amount of shunt vehicles?

Thanks in advance.

Allocations office as in duty allocation - its where the chap who does all the shifts and holidays etc works- he is also working the Woodside desk so to speak, ie checking those due to book on there are there etc.

Woodside is a base where a number of duties book on and book off there. Drivers who are on a shift on either the 409,410,411,413,414,464,487 will either report to or sign off at Woodside as well as take their meal break there. All reliefs at Woodside are done in either the bus park or woodside bus station with the exception of the 464/487 who shunt in a van to Hamilton St.

It is a pain at the moment as there are no shifts that book on and finish at woodside, but rather you sign on at laird st in the morning and take the bus out then finish at woodside, or you may book on at woodside in the afternoon and run the bus into Laird St at the end of the day, so you have to work out where to park your car -if you have time to take it to laird st or vice versa on your break etc.

Worth mentioning woodside canteen isn't open weekends , and didn't open during the lockdown period so proved it could be avoided successfully.

As far as I know no service changes, I assume all 410s will have the driver change on Duke St instead.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)