Current time: 26/04/2024, 12:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
The 407/471/472 is also a premier route as well I would say, given that they work to Liverpool as 1 route then return as the other.

I would take a risk here and say that probably all the routes from wirral to liverpool should be deckers to cater for the number of passengers using them, however, there has been an increase in the number of single deck buses appearing the these routes including the 432/433 & 437 as well the the routes above.

Whether that is because of an increase in problems with the deckers or low passenger numbers I am not sure, so probably in respect of the latter, there may well be a point where if passenger numbers are dropping throughtout the day that arriva will take the deckers off the liverpool routes and put single deck vehicles out in their place, then once peak time gets near, the deckers will go back out after any servicing and cleaning up back at the depot.

I get that not everyone will agree with given that I no longer hold a pcv licence but thats how I see as a former pcv driver.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Dont forget though theres a rail replacement from Hamilton Square to both West Kirby and New Brighton all weekend so I'm sure that's taken a fair few double deckers
(22/09/2019 15:41)313201 Wrote:  The 407/471/472 is also a premier route as well I would say, given that they work to Liverpool as 1 route then return as the other.

I would take a risk here and say that probably all the routes from wirral to liverpool should be deckers to cater for the number of passengers using them, however, there has been an increase in the number of single deck buses appearing the these routes including the 432/433 & 437 as well the the routes above.

Whether that is because of an increase in problems with the deckers or low passenger numbers I am not sure, so probably in respect of the latter, there may well be a point where if passenger numbers are dropping throughtout the day that arriva will take the deckers off the liverpool routes and put single deck vehicles out in their place, then once peak time gets near, the deckers will go back out after any servicing and cleaning up back at the depot.

I get that not everyone will agree with given that I no longer hold a pcv licence but thats how I see as a former pcv driver.

It's a bit tricky allocating deckers to the 487 due to low bridges in Neston, main reason the streetlites were ordered, low height deckers are ok but not sure the height of the hybrids, might be too high.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(23/09/2019 11:29)MTL0201 Wrote:  It's a bit tricky allocating deckers to the 487 due to low bridges in Neston, main reason the streetlites were ordered, low height deckers are ok but not sure the height of the hybrids, might be too high.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a decker on the 487. It’s impractical as it’s a busy service, far busier than the 464 from observation, but obviously using deckers is difficulty because of the low bridges. Are any of the bridges in Neston high enough to allow deckers under?
(23/09/2019 15:43)mrd97 Wrote:  Don’t think I’ve ever seen a decker on the 487. It’s impractical as it’s a busy service, far busier than the 464 from observation, but obviously using deckers is difficulty because of the low bridges. Are any of the bridges in Neston high enough to allow deckers under?

Deckers used to be used in the past on Neston routes, these tended to be low height deckers, mostly Crosville buses such as Lodekka's & Bristol VR/VRTs & ECW Olympians.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Hinderton Road is the only road into Neston that a full height double decker can get under ., but whether one can get under the bridges either side of the Sainsburys is debateable.
(23/09/2019 18:24)wirralbus Wrote:  Hinderton Road is the only road into Neston that a full height double decker can get under ., but whether one can get under the bridges either side of the Sainsburys is debateable.

Before the change of route, it used to be common for Helms to run deckers on the 272 so bridges are fine that side of Neston.

I believe it's the Liverpool Road bridge isn't it which is low height. With the train tracks ahead.
It's liverpool Road, neston Station, marshlands Road and west Vale bridges that are low. I think Liverpool Road is the lowest. Brook Street and Hinderton Rd are able to fit full height deckers.
(24/09/2019 07:36)L401CJF Wrote:  It's liverpool Road, neston Station, marshlands Road and west Vale bridges that are low. I think Liverpool Road is the lowest. Brook Street and Hinderton Rd are able to fit full height deckers.

The 10B use to run down to Parkgate from New Brighton in Merseybus days
, they used the tallest vehicles in the fleet at the time the Volvo Ailsa's , noisy clanking machines when driven hard and a lot of drivers liked them for there pace
(24/09/2019 23:59)wirralbus Wrote:  The 10B use to run down to Parkgate from New Brighton in Merseybus days
, they used the tallest vehicles in the fleet at the time the Volvo Ailsa's , noisy clanking machines when driven hard and a lot of drivers liked them for there pace

As far as I know the 10B approached parkgate from the opposite side via Boathouse Lane, there's a picture of an F-YTJ olympian on a 10B heading away from Parkgate Square toward Boathouse Lane somewhere. If I can find it I'll post a link. Oh how times have changed!

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)