Current time: 26/04/2024, 11:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
How would re-routing the 423, 437 or 471/472 actually work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/04/2019 08:50)moreton407 Wrote:  How would re-routing the 423, 437 or 471/472 actually work?

God knows. It’s way too far out their normal routes. It’s just what it says on the article. I’d bet my life that a Sunday daytime service on the 492/5 would turn a profit
(19/04/2019 08:50)moreton407 Wrote:  How would re-routing the 423, 437 or 471/472 actually work?

I was thinking the same, Can’t imagine the 423 or 471/472 to be rerouted they’ll be going completely off route. I’ve been on the 437 a good few times in the past when it has been diverted through the Beechwood when Ford Hill has been blocked off so that could well be doable. But then the issue of rerouting the 437 is the interworking with routes 432/433

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/04/2019 10:47)busdude Wrote:  I was thinking the same, Can’t imagine the 423 or 471/472 to be rerouted they’ll be going completely off route. I’ve been on the 437 a good few times in the past when it has been diverted through the Beechwood when Ford Hill has been blocked off so that could well be doable. But then the issue of rerouting the 437 is the interworking with routes 432/433

Removing the interworking is also a possibility for the 432/433 and 437 , havent driver changes happened at the last bus stop before the Wallasey Tunnel in Gorsey Lane at one time in the past .
(19/04/2019 12:41)wirralbus Wrote:  Removing the interworking is also a possibility for the 432/433 and 437 , havent driver changes happened at the last bus stop before the Wallasey Tunnel in Gorsey Lane at one time in the past .

Going back about 6 years or so, the 432s ran separate from the 437s at night, with reliefs being at Gorsey Lane stop and the odd relief prior to this at Laird Street on a 437 before staying on 432s all night. There was also the odd duty where a driver took a bus from the depot and ran light to New Brighton to start, just like a driver used to take a bus to start the 118 around 8pm at New Brighton.

A couple of evening driver changes still happen at Gorsey Lane now, despite them interworking with the 437.
3001 is on the 432/433/437, just seen it on tbe 432

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(20/04/2019 07:04)L401CJF Wrote:  Going back about 6 years or so, the 432s ran separate from the 437s at night, with reliefs being at Gorsey Lane stop and the odd relief prior to this at Laird Street on a 437 before staying on 432s all night. There was also the odd duty where a driver took a bus from the depot and ran light to New Brighton to start, just like a driver used to take a bus to start the 118 around 8pm at New Brighton.

A couple of evening driver changes still happen at Gorsey Lane now, despite them interworking with the 437.

Going way back, evening & Sunday 437s used to interwork the 423, when the evening & Sunday 437 was every 30 minutes, & that went back to the predecessor 37 which interworked the 3A, that's why the 423 was extended to/from Liverpool, when 437 gained an evening & Sunday service to/from Liverpool, as the interworking continued for a few years after, now the 423 is stand alone route, back then evening & Sunday 431 as it was then, interworked the old 7A/8E[i know this as 7A/8E were my local routes], driver changes done at Leasowe Station, interworking i suppose saves ferrying drivers to the change point, when they can change at the depot.

All the current routes are busy enough without having to divert through the Beechwood, thing is 437 would be the natural diversion, but that'd mean parts of that route without a bus, 437 Claughton-Upton station section is the only route that serves those roads, & it's quite busy from those stops, the only thing maybe Merseytravel reintroduce evening & Sunday 492/495, or part of the 418 maybe Arrowe Park-Birkenhead.

(20/04/2019 23:36)MTL0201 Wrote:  Going way back, evening & Sunday 437s used to interwork the 423, when the evening & Sunday 437 was every 30 minutes, & that went back to the predecessor 37 which interworked the 3A, that's why the 423 was extended to/from Liverpool, when 437 gained an evening & Sunday service to/from Liverpool, as the interworking continued for a few years after, now the 423 is stand alone route, back then evening & Sunday 431 as it was then, interworked the old 7A/8E[i know this as 7A/8E were my local routes], driver changes done at Leasowe Station, interworking i suppose saves ferrying drivers to the change point, when they can change at the depot.

All the current routes are busy enough without having to divert through the Beechwood, thing is 437 would be the natural diversion, but that'd mean parts of that route without a bus, 437 Claughton-Upton station section is the only route that serves those roads, & it's quite busy from those stops, the only thing maybe Merseytravel reintroduce evening & Sunday 492/495, or part of the 418 maybe Arrowe Park-Birkenhead.

It is still possible for the 437 to do either of Noctorum or Beechwood but not both , so it really depends on which one may be a bigger objective and still serve Upton Station and Claughton Village
I doubt it, the 437 is busy between Upton Station & Claughton Village as it is, little chance of that being rerouted, as i've said it's the only route that uses Upton Road between those points, most likely maybe reintroduce 492/495 on an hourly headway, or divert the Stagecoach 38A through Beechwood, & divert one of the Woodchurch Road routes via Noctorum, that'd most likely be left to Merseytravel

Merseytravel need to stop wasting money sending the likes of 2 empty buses an hour round Blakeley Drive, and hourly round Poulton Lancelyn etc and spend it on a proper hourly evening service for Ford/Nocky. Diverting the 437 etc isn’t an option.

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)