Current time: 27/04/2024, 16:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(01/07/2018 17:39)508143 Wrote:  The thing I find annoying is that the heaters are now apparently controlled or turned on & off from within the engine bay which as an ex bus driver myself but not for arriva I find it ridiculous that drivers can no longer control the heaters.

They have a control in the cab for the blowers for the windscreen if it gets misted up and/or a fan in the cab to keep them cool, granted for safety in terms of the blower for the windscreen and driver comfort with the fan in the cab.

However, in my opinion they really need to start and listen to passengers points, comments and/or complaints.

Excessive saloon heat at this time of the year is not something unique to Birkenhead depot but I do agree that the Streetlites - with very few opening windows - are particularly uncomfortable as are some Pulsars. The top deck of the B5 hybrids (also Wright products) are also often unbearable. For some reason, Arriva seems to think that advertising free WiFi and USB ports will entice motorists to leave their air-conditioned cars at home for these sweat boxes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I took the 80 minute journey from Leeds to Keighley on a Streetlite last Wednesday. They should advertise it as a Turkish bath experience.
Some buses are unbareable in the heat, front of the top deck on deckers are the worst, relying on the air con which is always inadequate, the Stagecoach standard Enviro 400 on the 20, that i was on yesterday, didn't have the air con working.

Also because of the way the modern top deck front window is molded & now one piece constriction rather than 2 piece construction, it's impossible to install opening windows on the front top deck window, like buses had in the past.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(03/07/2018 09:25)MTL0201 Wrote:  Some buses are unbareable in the heat, front of the top deck on deckers are the worst, relying on the air con which is always inadequate, the Stagecoach standard Enviro 400 on the 20, that i was on yesterday, didn't have the air con working.

The Stagecoach MMCs haven't got air conditioning

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(01/07/2018 19:05)EDB325 Wrote:  I took the 80 minute journey from Leeds to Keighley on a Streetlite last Wednesday. They should advertise it as a Turkish bath experience.

One of those routes i sometimes prefer to catch the X6 Leeds-Bradford, then 62 The Shuttle Bradford-Keighley.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
had my first experience of a streetlite today on the 487 first part was on ok but on the driver change over it promptly failed took the driver 12 attempts to get it stared again
(04/07/2018 17:45)86247 Wrote:  had my first experience of a streetlite today on the 487 first part was on ok but on the driver change over it promptly failed took the driver 12 attempts to get it stared again

Which of the bridges in Neston is the one that forces Arriva to use single deckers on the 487 ?
I only say this because in Merseybus days i remember the Ailsa's occasional being used on the 10B and the Ailsa's where the tallest double decker in the fleet at the time as well as having a good fleet of foot.

The Streetlite v Pulsar i would say Pulsar anyday , i dont know what the forum thinks ?
definitely a pulsar the ailsa was a fine bus always enjoyed riding on them
(04/07/2018 18:17)86247 Wrote:  definitely a pulsar the ailsa was a fine bus always enjoyed riding on them

The Pulsar VDL SB200 is probably one of the best current single deck bus types in service at present, it's Arriva's constant "meddling" with this econospeed crap that's ruined them! they are probably going to be the last buses that actually sound like a bus and certainly one's that have "Thrash" and for that reason I really like them.
I think most enthusiasts in the North West hate them because there was so many of them and they were everywhere and they replaced many much missed types of bus including many that came with MTL.
I for one hope they will be around along with the Commanders for a few years to come (in unmodified form) IE no electric motors or more eco strangulation!!
when the first Wright endurance arrived at st Helens think it was 6501 - 6513 they replaced some nationals which I think was a excellent bus especially the national 2 but the endurance become a firm favourite with everyone and sadly missed

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)