Current time: 28/04/2024, 08:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Laird Street need to get a grip and protect themselves. Stagecoach are slowly building their Merseyside empire. Arriva need to protect their most profitable routes and put proper vehicles on them, even the Hybrid Gemini's are inadequate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
the hybrid deckers are struggling badly with the weather at the moment. some are sat in the garage overnight for 12 hours and when they are started the next morning the batteries don't sync up properly and leaves the bus in a limp mode. it takes some time for the fitters to sort them out meaning the driver has to get another bus and has a knock on effect further down the run out. a single decker is better then no bus at all. would help if they were charged overnight like they are supposed to be!

also management at LS are messing around with how vehicle allocation is done at the moment and its not going well. there were 15+ drivers waiting in the book on office yesterday morning for buses!
(07/03/2018 00:39)DVG526 Wrote:  Laird Street need to get a grip and protect themselves. Stagecoach are slowly building their Merseyside empire. Arriva need to protect their most profitable routes and put proper vehicles on them, even the Hybrid Gemini's are inadequate.

Stagecoach will need to move to a new depot for that, i think the current Birkenhead depot is full, don't think Stagecoach can operate more routes without interworking[which will mean gaps in the timetable] or cutting School services they run.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(07/03/2018 00:39)DVG526 Wrote:  Laird Street need to get a grip and protect themselves. Stagecoach are slowly building their Merseyside empire. Arriva need to protect their most profitable routes and put proper vehicles on them, even the Hybrid Gemini's are inadequate.

I completely agree - and it isn't beyond Stagecoach's way of doing things to acquire new land or depots where they see the case for it.
4176 and 4211 has both recently had Tax and MOT done, would make more sense to use these over any single Decker on a Cross River

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Dont forget LS have lost all their schools from April to Stagecoach.
On top of all the contracts they keep losing last year plus the continoous chopping and trimming of services.
LS used to be one the best and favourites along with Speke. It just seems any excuse to cut stuff lately
Seen a Pulsar on the 407, now seen a Streetlight on the 407.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
3005 and 3000 on consecutive 472/407/471 this afternoon
The buses on 407/472 were 3004 and 6005. Also 4514 was on 492/5 and 4173 on 437 and 4204 on 413/4 and just to round it off 2575 plus one other commander was on 487.Obivously must have been a few problems during the day.
Friday saw 4166 on 407/471,4173 on 437 and 4204 on 418.Also at least one pulsar(3000) on 487,there does seem to be a lack of streetlites at the moment

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)