Current time: 26/04/2024, 23:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(08/09/2017 07:04)B10B6514 Wrote:  On the contrary my friend Birkenhead was PREDOMINANTLY double deck with Leyland Olmpians, Volvo Ailsas and copioius amounts of Leyland Atlanteans back in 2000. Single decks were in the minority with DAF Ikaruses and Volvo B6 Pointers.
It was the only depot not to receive any B10B Endurances new.
The mostly single deck era was from 2001 onwards when Arriva withdrew the majority of double decks from the fleet and brought in a swathe of Dennis Darts.

Yep

The B6s didn't stay long, they were brought for the bus wars with GM Buses/GMS Buses but all B6s left & most ended up in St Helens when GMS Buses pulled out. The DAF Ikaruses were mostly used on the Neston-Liverpool route.

Arriva brought Cadets for the 403/413, & Myllenniums for the 410, but increased the frequencies to 10 minutes over common section, 413/414 has a quite few schools on the route so either needs a frequency increase or deckers allocated

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2803 still here . Out on 411's today. Also optare 669 out on the 410!! Very unusual that
(08/09/2017 14:08)mrailman200 Wrote:  2803 still here . Out on 411's today. Also optare 669 out on the 410!! Very unusual that

Seen 670 out and about earlier in Moreton not sure if in service or not
one of the solo's was being used for route training the other day so they may well be using it again. quite surprised they are still here to be honest
I do wonder if they are being held back for when Bolton take over the 484 next month

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/09/2017 18:49)Barney Wrote:  Even now the situation is not completely resolved as the '15 plate Enviro400's that were initially purchased for the 52/52A are invariably to be found on the 60 during term time.

The difference in capacity is only two seats (68 compared to 70 on the earlier batches), so if "the situation" is failure to provide sufficient capacity on the 60, then I'd hardly say that the use of 15-reg Enviro400s means it's "not completely resolved".
Are any of the DLP's seeing any service now or are they withdrawn along with the VLW's,surely one of them would be better than 2803 or 669/670?
Is the PVR higher today due to the 16/17 tenders? am on the wirral for a bit today so will keep an eye open for 2803 and DLPs

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(08/09/2017 19:56)Quackdave Wrote:  The difference in capacity is only two seats (68 compared to 70 on the earlier batches), so if "the situation" is failure to provide sufficient capacity on the 60, then I'd hardly say that the use of 15-reg Enviro400s means it's "not completely resolved".

Slightly off topic now but this did start with the lack of capacity on Arriva routes during term time. My point is that, during term time, the 52/52A is invariably operated by Pulsars and Commanders rather than the Enviro400's that were bought for that route. Consequently, the 52/52A often suffers capacity issues as single deckers are too small for this route and often leave passengers at the stop at Sir Thomas Street.

This situation can only really be resolved if Bootle is allocated more deckers for the 60, 61 and 63 as these routes serve several secondary schools.
(09/09/2017 06:22)T42 PVM Wrote:  Is the PVR higher today due to the 16/17 tenders? am on the wirral for a bit today so will keep an eye open for 2803 and DLPs

I dont think so as 410 is reduced on saturdays now, its every 15 mins between new brighton & woodside (10 mins weekdays) & evey 30 mins from birkenhead to clatterbridge (20 mins weekdays) not sure if any other wirral routes are reduced on sàt by arriva

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)