Current time: 04/05/2024, 22:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(21/03/2017 17:12)N304CLV Wrote:  2708 has turned up here.

For service or to be stored?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/03/2017 18:20)T42 PVM Wrote:  For service or to be stored?

2708 out on the 410 this afternoon seen at Liscard, heading to New Brighton, at about 13:25.
Find all posts by this user
Just seen 2708 in service on 410
Birkenhead seems to be getting a bit of a hotch potch of vehicles at the moment , probably settle down after the rail work has finished when the cascades can properly be implemented.
What is going to happen during Phase 3? I thought the same as Phase 1 but the Gem 3s are being sent to their intended depots so are they coming back to Birkenhead temp for Phase 3 or will they just be using old buses?
(22/03/2017 17:39)iMarkeh Wrote:  What is going to happen during Phase 3? I thought the same as Phase 1 but the Gem 3s are being sent to their intended depots so are they coming back to Birkenhead temp for Phase 3 or will they just be using old buses?

I was told that the pool fleet currently being amassed will be used on Birkenhead's commercial network so Birkenhead's own batch of hybrids and the StreetLites can be deployed on the third and final phase of the rail replacement services. The St Helens bound Gemini 2s (4435-4442) aren't going to be on loan here for that long I don't think
(22/03/2017 17:52)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I was told that the pool fleet currently being amassed will be used on Birkenhead's commercial network so Birkenhead's own batch of hybrids and the StreetLites can be deployed on the third and final phase of the rail replacement services. The St Helens bound Gemini 2s (4435-4442) aren't going to be on loan here for that long I don't think

Im led to beleive the ex speke gemini 2's will be staying untill the end of the rails then move to st helens once the rails are over.
May have been reported before....but spotted 4182 leaving Seacombe on the 403 earlier.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(22/03/2017 17:39)iMarkeh Wrote:  What is going to happen during Phase 3? I thought the same as Phase 1 but the Gem 3s are being sent to their intended depots so are they coming back to Birkenhead temp for Phase 3 or will they just be using old buses?

some other new buses are due around the time of phase 3 so some of these could be used either on the rails or a subs on local routes to allow the 13 plate hybrids to do the rails
(23/03/2017 00:50)FC Pictures Wrote:  some other new buses are due around the time of phase 3 so some of these could be used either on the rails or a subs on local routes to allow the 13 plate hybrids to do the rails

The next lot of 'new buses' due to arrive are 100% electric and gas powered and won't be operating from Laird Street as they won't be able to refuel.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)