Current time: 07/05/2024, 11:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(01/05/2016 18:48)wirralbus Wrote:  Barney , in the summer months these Streetlites suffer from a lack of opening windows which has been noted on here by some of our fellow forum members.

Im led to believe also that a streetlite had to be taken out of service last night to being bricked in the vicinity of St Catherines Hospital , does anybody have an idea what the vehicle number was ?

Yet another example of designers not having to travel on vehicles designed for the masses. Wrightbus also build the Borisbus which doubles as a mobile sauna in the summer months, I believe.

I am intrigued by the two-way radio equipment though. The St. Cath's area always was bandit territory when I worked over there. Clearly, it hasn't improved much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/05/2016 19:25)Barney Wrote:  Yet another example of designers not having to travel on vehicles designed for the masses. Wrightbus also build the Borisbus which doubles as a mobile sauna in the summer months, I believe.

I am intrigued by the two-way radio equipment though. The St. Cath's area always was bandit territory when I worked over there. Clearly, it hasn't improved much.

It's been mentioned a few pages back that Birkenhead depot are fitting 2 way radios on a trial basis. Must have started already I didn't think it would be this soon!

I am no longer active on this forum.
4173 is here from St Helens and is on the 432/433/437

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
You mean it's back from St.Helens!
(04/05/2016 11:38)bus401 Wrote:  You mean it's back from St.Helens!

Yes, i always thought it was a full time move to St Helens until now!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
4434 is in Laird Street
Just seen 4434 now it's on 407
It's been suggested by a source within the bus industry that Arriva will be withdrawing their services on route 2 (Liverpool - Chester) sometime in September? Also that the QBP arrangement with ticketing on the route with Stagecoach would end at that time also.

Does anyone know anything more about this?
PVS seen in Laird Street earlier looked like they were taking Y36KNB for scrap.
I read in Arriva's Journey magazine that the two-way radio system is now operational in Laird Street and the plan is to extend this to other depots in due course. Has anyone experienced this in operation yet?

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)