Current time: 03/05/2024, 19:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(30/08/2015 05:59)M60lad Wrote:  I see where your coming from T42 PVM with the window layout on Arriva's Streetlites as its the same as on 582 braned B7s at First Bolton and their always warm in any sunnny weather and that's with the windows open

Can they not get new windows fitted at the back which open? They only need one on each side at the back to create a pressure gradient to get the air flowing inside.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Is the glazing all the same on the streetlites versions or is it just applicable to the length that Arriva have bought .
(29/08/2015 23:24)T42 PVM Wrote:  That and the lack of Windows (and all the windows fitted at the front) really lets them down and makes the Buses feel like an oven in warm weather. I would not like to be on them for long!

I think I posted the issue of the lack of opening windows before these StreetLites were delivered. Unlike ADL, Wrights seem to have a policy whereby its products are a standard body design with only the interior layout being optional. Many years ago LCPT had to retro-fit opening roof skylights in its Panthers and Bristol REs because of the excessive heat at the rear of these buses. Somehow I think that passengers will just have to suffer this time around.
(30/08/2015 11:53)Barney Wrote:  I think I posted the issue of the lack of opening windows before these StreetLites were delivered. Unlike ADL, Wrights seem to have a policy whereby its products are a standard body design with only the interior layout being optional. Many years ago LCPT had to retro-fit opening roof skylights in its Panthers and Bristol REs because of the excessive heat at the rear of these buses. Somehow I think that passengers will just have to suffer this time around.

Surely it can't cost Wrights a lot of money to retro fit a couple of opening rear windows and change the plans to include them as standard. To me it is common sense to have windows at least at the front and the rear, if not all the way down.
(30/08/2015 12:27)Enviro400 Wrote:  Surely it can't cost Wrights a lot of money to retro fit a couple of opening rear windows and change the plans to include them as standard. To me it is common sense to have windows at least at the front and the rear, if not all the way down.

Apparently it costs a lot more to fit (and replace) opening windows on buses. I would have thought that Arriva had learned its lesson when it specified that all new Enviro400s should have ten opening windows on the top deck, unlike the LS hybrids that only have four at the rear of the bus. Sitting on the top deck at the front is not recommended on a hot day.
My current itinerary for today will include routes 411 & 423. I hope a Streetlite appears on either but I am not bothered about missing out. I have been on 3 other Arriva Streetlites (in Kent & the Shires) and shall ride a Sapphire one (to Sunderland) tomorrow.
Cant see one being on the 411 but maybe and only a small maybe on the 423.

Im surprised these spare streetlites haven't been bumped on to the 118/9 on a bh and sundays .
2432 on 418/9 today,with 2 DLP's on 464 one of them is 4173

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Spotted 2 darts (New livery) on a pvs wrecker on M53 near E Port heading from Birkenhead direction this morning.

Didn't catch fleet numbers but sure somebody can id them.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Due to flooding, 487 only going to Thornton Hough not serving Neston, Bromborough Road is closed so 419 is being diverted.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)