Current time: 02/05/2024, 02:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trespassing problems
Trespassing problems
I'm afraid this isn't good news

In the last few months, there has been a number of incidents of Trespassing by a small number of people into depots here in the North East. The main centre of these incidents has been Go North East's Saltmeadows depot in Gateshead, the main workshops for the company and the location to were most new vehicles are delivered to for preparation for service. And it's this reason that it has been the target.

Each incident has brought repercussions. The first one, back in January, saw the depot shutters closed at all times for the 2 months afterwards after someone snuck inside the building to photo one of the newly delivered Volvo B9TLs. The latest incident took place just a few hours ago, and was all over the recently branded Streetlites prior to entering service in two weeks time.

The problem is, for 3 of the 4 times at Saltmeadows and the Hexham incident back in August, has been the same enthusiast involved, and I'm afraid the way he seems not to care about the event today (and even tried to claim he wasn't trespassing) shows he's no going to learn. He doesn't seem to realise the more he does it, the more repercussions come not only for him but also for every enthusiast in the country.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Trespassing problems
GHA coaches banned enthusiasts from there depots because they kept taking souveniers off the vehicles like badges ect

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
Find all posts by this user
So, when us who actually ask to visit depots are turned away in the future, we know why... I don't agree with us being tarred with the same brush, but I suppose that companies want to protect their property at the end of the day - and I don't blame them for that one bit. It's just a shame that a minority, yet again, may ruin it for the majority!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
(30/10/2013 00:46)KU02 YUH Wrote:  So, when us who actually ask to visit depots are turned away in the future, we know why... I don't agree with us being tarred with the same brush, but I suppose that companies want to protect their property at the end of the day - and I don't blame them for that one bit. It's just a shame that a minority, yet again, may ruin it for the majority!

Insurance Companies will not like unattended unauthorised people in and around working depots .

Will people ever learn .

There is a prime case on Youtube where somebody was photoing a steam special and unbeknown to him a class 170 was coming up behind him and the wake sent him flying , these people do not listen to ANY safety messages .
A mate of mine saw cops outside a Stagecoach depot in Manchester while he was driving his coach they had cameras and he reconed cops got called because they where tresspassing. He spoke to a contact of his on skype that said they got arrested for tresspassing and trying to get onto locked buses

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
(29/10/2013 23:24)james solomon Wrote:  GHA coaches banned enthusiasts from there depots because they kept taking souveniers off the vehicles like badges ect

I've not had a problem with GHA yet over in Winsford...
(29/10/2013 23:24)james solomon Wrote:  GHA coaches banned enthusiasts from there depots because they kept taking souveniers off the vehicles like badges ect

I've not had problems with GHA Coaches before, at any of their depots. Sadly I don't publish many of my depot visits these days. I did know there was a case of people taking items off buses, the culprit(s) shall not be named.

I personally find it quite worrying to say the least, knowing that if you let one person around your premises, and they take 'advantage' of your kind gesture, what's to say the next person won't do the same?!

GHA have certainly been very kind to me in the past in regards to obtaining certain items and vehicles for friends.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)