Current time: 21/05/2024, 02:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Closure of bus lanes in Liverpool
RE: Closure of bus lanes in Liverpool
Idea I heard on BBC radio yesterday that Joe Anderson is giving serious consideration to installing Red Routes, similar to the ones that exist in London, for the certain roads in Liverpool. Ironically many of these roads were until recently peak hour bus lanes. The rationale for this is that inconsiderate motorists and delivery vans are parking on double yellow lines causing congestion, slowing down traffic flow (and bus services!) in the sure knowledge that they will avoid a parking ticket from a passing LEO.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the scheme, this will make it illegal to stop FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME whilst driving in one of these roads at designated times. The routes are under constant CCTV surveillance with ANPR facility and automatically issue a fine to anybody who breaks the bye-law.

The areas mentioned in the report were Kensington and Smithdown Road, but from my own experience this could also include the stretch of County Road in Walton that was a bus lane until it was a suspended late last year.

As a motorist, I would have no problem with this proposal being implemented. What do other people think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Closure of bus lanes in Liverpool - Barney - 08/03/2014 10:50

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)