Current time: 17/05/2024, 15:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Closure of bus lanes in Liverpool
RE: Closure of bus lanes in Liverpool
(20/11/2013 20:38)wirralbus Wrote:  Traffic Lights are usually centrally computerised to maximise road space , the problem is they still seem to go off on there circuit at night when there is nothing around .

Chester is a prime example of computerised traffic control that goes mad at night .

I've spoken to Merseytravel about the phasing of City Centre traffic lights and they told me the City Council welcome comments, but usually take no noticeSad

Even in the daytime, traffic can be awkward and this explains why Arriva run routes like the 52-QUEEN SQUARE in the daytime and the 52-LIVERPOOL ONE at night. You just can't get to Liverpool ONE in busy daylight hours without reliable timings.

As for suspending the bus lanes, this seems to be The Fat Controller's ego-trip, a way of saying "I'm the Mayor, look at what I will do!" without proper consultation or respect.

I'd like to see him pay for all the changes to the Merseytravel Bus Times leaflets now that most services won't meet their promised schedules and reprints may be necessary.
If he's going to knock timings out of kilter, he should take direct responsibility for them and pay from his own pocket. He is the Mayor after all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Closure of bus lanes in Liverpool - mathias - 21/11/2013 15:54

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)