Current time: 19/05/2024, 16:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More Arriva London cascades?
RE: More Arriva London cascades?
(16/03/2014 22:39)Busser Wrote:  OK so i might be a little too biased but in my opinion the commercial services where people pay a lot more and is used by all people not just school children should be the top priority when it comes to vehicles. Also a lot of passengers don't like seats that don't face forward so in my opinion they are better suited to school operation. And a lot of services get very busy at peak times however if the VLW's are assigned to school services then that means putting worse buses on those busy public routes, unless Arriva see sense of course and actually buy some new double deckers.

You'd be surprised by how much a single run on a school service can make, Halton Transport are a great example of this and run many contracted and non-contracted services. Widnes isn't exactly the best example to use, but then again, the buses you are talking about are being used in similar towns of Southport, St Helens and Bolton. Halton genuinely pull buses off normal services including the 14B/17 and 62 to run college and school services, because quite simply, they're money makers!

Begger's can't be choosers, whether they like sideways and rear seats does not influence passenger useage of a bus service.

VLW's are used on school services where passenger useage is high, sticking a single decker bus for 70+ kids on a route that has 1 journey per day has a great impact than say a single decker on the 10A every 3 minutes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
More Arriva London cascades? - DVL418 - 20/09/2013, 22:34
RE: More Arriva London cascades? - Raawwwrrr! - 16/03/2014 23:09

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)