Current time: 02/05/2024, 05:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(30/01/2014 22:48)mr t Wrote:  Im not a big fan of this new style changes advert its too brief - it says the 145 is having "timetable changes" but in fact its only 1 journey, then recent "timetable changes" are only minor mid journey changes to the 60 and 61 Halton, and 2 extra journeys on the 81s, people will think the whole service is changing and probably panic to find out what it is and then 1 extra journey on the 68 by Peoplesbus but it is a "New service" with no detail.
Then the real new services like the X3 and 264 last week - where do they go? its not advertising itself - not many people have time to go on the internet to download bus timetables especially if they are reading the echo or metro on the bus, not everyone has the internet especially the old dears, just give us more information like the original styles were fine . The information seems to have gone too internet focussed now, if its a "route Change" then come on, give us some detail like on the 80 is it in Speke or town and the 14A Croxteth or wherever? They may as well just send us to the VOSA website as they give just as much detail, as people get excited by new services that are just one journey or timetable changes that are one journey!

Maybe that's the plan mr t, Make people find out more info and pick up a timetable.
The advert says you can download a copy, pick up from travel centre, ring up for a free copy to be posted to you or email. And I see you can sign up to an email every week now, so it's never been easier to get info as far as I can see. People are going to get a new timetable anyway so why waste a load of money filling the newspapers with the same words that's on a timetable?

And don't forget. 'Normal' people don't know what vosa is. They're just customers who use a bus and don't care about all the things that everyone on here talks about. They just want to catch a bus and get info about it which as far as I can see, the adverts in the paper do the job just fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - F255ytj - 31/01/2014 08:15

User(s) browsing this thread: 74 Guest(s)