Current time: 17/05/2024, 06:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(24/02/2017 07:46)T42 PVM Wrote:  It is possible that changes have been made since the Bus review information was published

That the 103 isnt getting withdrawn but they're going to keep the 135/235 going down the dock road, doing the same route anyway and the 135 of a night wont be going hourly and they've decided already that Stagecoach will keep hold of it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/02/2017 10:31)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  That the 103 isnt getting withdrawn but they're going to keep the 135/235 going down the dock road, doing the same route anyway and the 135 of a night wont be going hourly and they've decided already that Stagecoach will keep hold of it?

According to the VOSA thread Stagecoach have cancelled the 135 from 23rd April, Prehaps the 103 is still getting withdrawn but Avon are continuing to run one am service

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/02/2017 07:46)T42 PVM Wrote:  It is possible that changes have been made since the Bus review information was published

What I don't get is why the 88 Wirral service is extending to Neston On Monday To Saturday Evenings And All Day Sunday And the 86/87 are being withdrawn for some reason before the wirral Bus review has even become in effect
(24/02/2017 12:13)busdude Wrote:  According to the VOSA thread Stagecoach have cancelled the 135 from 23rd April, Prehaps the 103 is still getting withdrawn but Avon are continuing to run one am service
The journey that Avon are doing from Waterloo currently starts in Thornton and picks-up most passengers between Thornton and Waterloo, so it seems like a trick has been missed there (unless the 54 will start earlier to replace this, which looks doubtful).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/02/2017 13:15)Jw88 Wrote:  What I don't get is why the 88 Wirral service is extending to Neston On Monday To Saturday Evenings And All Day Sunday And the 86/87 are being withdrawn for some reason before the wirral Bus review has even become in effect

Could this be a precursor to the 118 being withdrawn and replaced by the 119 and extending sunday journeys to Eastham Ferry as per the present 87 , this is one for the future maybe .
(24/02/2017 13:15)Jw88 Wrote:  What I don't get is why the 88 Wirral service is extending to Neston On Monday To Saturday Evenings And All Day Sunday And the 86/87 are being withdrawn for some reason before the wirral Bus review has even become in effect

Clatterbridge - Heswall has always to my knowledge always been a route with hardly any fare paying passengers , most of the times i have been on the bus its been concessionary pass holders.

Maybe try and keep a Sunday Daytime service alive ?
(24/02/2017 16:24)wirralbus Wrote:  Clatterbridge - Heswall has always to my knowledge always been a route with hardly any fare paying passengers , most of the times i have been on the bus its been concessionary pass holders.

Yeah the 87 is a good service but I think it should extend to serve the croft retail park Also I knew it was withdrawn when I found out the 88 is going to neston as the 88 turns into the 87
(24/02/2017 16:20)wirralbus Wrote:  Could this be a precursor to the 118 being withdrawn and replaced by the 119 and extending sunday journeys to Eastham Ferry as per the present 87 , this is one for the future maybe .

Is the 118 being withdrawn? hope not
(24/02/2017 16:24)wirralbus Wrote:  Clatterbridge - Heswall has always to my knowledge always been a route with hardly any fare paying passengers , most of the times i have been on the bus its been concessionary pass holders.

Bus operators are reimbursed for concessionary pass holders (exactly how much I don't know) and with the new ticket machine readers it is easy to calculate how many are carried. I suspect that a bus full of concessionary pass holders is more profitable than a dozen or so cash fares. Also, at the moment both Stagecoach and Arriva still offer paper day and weekly tickets and these are not registered on the ticket machine readers and what might appear to be a lightly-used route may, in fact, be heavily used.

If you think that's bad about the Pass Holders On Avon Buses Comercial Service 80 West Kirby - Newton Circular - West Kirby Route when I use it to go and see a friend Everytime Going To Or Going From I get on I am the only person on the whole route that pays everyone else has either a wurlus Card or A Concessionsy Bus pass

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)