Current time: 18/05/2024, 06:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football
RE: 2012/13 Football Season
A quick general question. Does anyone know if red cards in the league also apply to League Cup matches?

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
They do, Torres and Ivanovic were suspended for Chelsea lastnight after being sent off a few days earlier in the League.
Dont think Torres or Ivanovic would have been considered anyway for the League Cup match , the big teams just seem to treat that cup as a mickey mouse cup due to there other commitments .
Either way, answering the question they were still suspended.
FA Cup
For those 'armchair' supporters that can't manage to get past the Premiership on Murdoch's Sky TV - it was the 1st Round of the FA Cup this weekend.

I've just shaken off hangover after being one of the 150 Silkmen supporters that travelled down to Swindon Town, a game that we were quoted as 12/1 against to win.

What followed was up in the top half dozen experiences of following Macclesfield Town over the years - we deservedly won 2-0 (first goal was a cracking shot from at least 35 yards out), I'm £120 richer, Paulo Di Cannio made a right a**s of himself, again, and we travel to either Barrow or Guiseley in Round 2.

I wouldn't swap it for anything. Laugh
RE: FA Cup
How dare anyone have the audacity to support a team from the city they were born in. Equally, how dare they not go to a stupidly priced match or pay stupid money to Sky to watch them. What a ridiculous statement. I'm from Liverpool so naturally going to support one of the teams from Merseyside, I'm sure like many other native scousers.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Well said. I get to the Liverpool games as much as I can, and as a 17 year old that isn't a lot understandably. Also I'm sure if Macclesfield had been in the Premiership the last 20 odd years you wouldn't be at every game.
(04/11/2012 18:38)CX06 EBK Wrote:  How dare anyone have the audacity to support a team from the city they were born in. Equally, how dare they not go to a stupidly priced match or pay stupid money to Sky to watch them. What a ridiculous statement. I'm from Liverpool so naturally going to support one of the teams from Merseyside, I'm sure like many other native scousers.

You could always follow Marine FC - we beat them too, by the way!
That would be handy if Crosby was in Liverpool.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(05/11/2012 21:06)CX06 EBK Wrote:  That would be handy if Crosby was in Liverpool.

Picky, picky Wave

User(s) browsing this thread: