Current time: 26/04/2024, 17:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football
RE: Euro 2012
I think we'd all like to hope for a victory, but I have to be honest, I think Italy 2-1. I hope I'm wrong though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'll remain positive and say 1-0 England
Greece , everybody in this tournament seems to think that they will not proceed beyond this round with Germany .

They are probably right , but thinks just got a little spicy in the last few minutes with them scoring .

1-1 as it stands .
What's everyone's reaction to England's loss on penalties against Italy.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Predictable?!
As someone who watches competitions like the Euros and World Cup fairly objectively and not as an England supporter, all I can say is that justice was served last night. The only thing you can criticise the Italians for was dreadful finishing. They were otherwise sublime - a master-class in passing football and carving up defences. Italy have one of the best goalkeepers of all time in Buffon and a midfield maestro in Pirlo.

I'm glad Roy seems to have largely escaped a mauling in the press because he's one of the few gentlemen of the game. There can be no doubt England played an ugly brand of anti-football during this tournament, but then if it gets you through your group, credit where it's due.

I've really enjoyed Euro 2012 so far, and it's been vastly superior to the 2010 World Cup for me. The only real disappointment has been France, who have been on fine form in recent years, but simply didn't turn up when it mattered. Even England would probably have shown more fight against Spain than the French did.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
The match between England and Italy sounded like apart from a few moments all one way traffic towards englands goal.

Italy if they had been more clinical would have won by a country mile .

Listening to the match on the Radio the England players just seemed to fade away except for set pieces and penalties what do we expect from an England team which seems to be jinxed by them.
Glasgow Rangers
A majority of SPL clubs have now confirmed that they will not vote in favour of Glasgow Rangers being re-admitted to the SPL next season. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Therefore, they will now have to apply to the Scottish Footballl League for admission to their division 3 - this will also require them having to pass a 'financial probity' test though - doubtful in light of past irregularities and pending criminal proceedings.
RE: Glasgow Rangers
Further to this about going into SFL Division 3 , Raith and Falkirk have both confirmed they will vote against entry direct into Division 1 .

There couldnt be a better time for the smaller scottish football league clubs to flex there muscles than now and demand that they start from the bottom and make there way up through the leagues , it will show all the other teams that are living on the knife edge that the consequences can be severe .

Craig Whyte and the management before him has a lot to answer in this debacle .

In the long run Celtic are the losers in all of this as the revenue loss from not having the old firm matches will mean they take a hit , they will just be hoping that one of the other teams will now stand up and be counted .
RE: Glasgow Rangers
This could end up being the springboard for a revamp of the Scottish football league system. They had been talking recently of introducing relegation from Division 3, allow teams to enter into the Scottish Football League from the lower leagues (copying the English pyramid system)

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)