Current time: 26/04/2024, 07:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Leicester
RE: Arriva Leicester
MMCs 4522/27 in service

4525 seen on the M1 at Kegworth on delivery.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4525 in service today on route 5A
4521 & 4528 in service
MMC 4531 now in service
MMCs 4529, 4532 in service
Further MMCs seen in service today are 4533 & 4534.

I've been informed that 4516 & 4524 are in service.
MMCs 4524/25/33 are now branded for routes 5/5a, Leicester-East Goscote(5)-Melton Mowbray(5a)
4530 has arrived at Thurmaston depot

Credit to Leicester bus page
(10/07/2016 08:50)pete tierney Wrote:  The 50/52 services will take you to the Fosse Park area, the first six are currently branded, the 52 into the shopping center, if thats what you want.

It goes from the Haymarket in Leicester but note that some services pick up outside of the bus station on the road actually called Haymarket. It is literally adjacent to the bus station main entrance/exit.

I am considering these routes so that I can get the 104 back to Leicester and have some variety this way. I may be going in October instead of September, meaning surely the full allocation in service by then. I understand that all these Enviro400-MMCs are due to run on routes serving Leicester, making it very easy to track them down!
(30/07/2016 20:25)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I am considering these routes so that I can get the 104 back to Leicester and have some variety this way. I may be going in October instead of September, meaning surely the full allocation in service by then. I understand that all these Enviro400-MMCs are due to run on routes serving Leicester, making it very easy to track them down!

There is only one left to arrive, 4535, the last one, (unless it arrived in the last couple of days!!) They have been put into service very quickly, often the next day after delivery.
They are easy to see, all the routes they are on pass through or by the Haymarket bus station in Leicester centre.
As I said in an earlier post, if you stand outside of the bus station at the junction of Belgrave Gate, Charles Street & Abbey Street the majority of the Leicester routes will pass by. This includes First & Centerbus as well as Arriva & Roberts on one of the P&R services. (plus Stagecoach working in from Nuneaton & Northampton & De-Courcey from Coventry) Other routes and National Express can been seen at the St. Margerets bus station which is @ 150mts along Abbey Street from the Haymarket bus station.

As an aside, if you want the other two Roberts P&R routes, a short 5min walk along Vaughan Way from St Margerets bus station to St Nicholas Circle will be the best place. Also a trip from Haymarket to the Beaumont Centre will net you the four new Solo's for Centrebus which work the "outer circle" service, these four don't come into the centre. Be prepared to wait awhile though whilst they come round. The Beaumont centre is generally busy, bus wise, most of the day.
Hope this is of some help.
Pete

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)