Current time: 03/05/2024, 07:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

County Council Elections
RE: County Council Elections
(05/05/2013 06:38)507009 Wrote:  
(03/05/2013 20:41)DVL418 Wrote:  I suspect when some of the voters who decided to give Cameron and Gideon a gentle kicking yesterday, actually read some of the UKIP policies other than their Europhobic rants that grab the headlines, they will sit at home at the next general election rather than vote UKIP again.

Good to see the BNP/EDL creatures getting another thorough kicking which will hopefully see them shrivel up and slither back under the stone they came from.

This UKIP voter won't be doing that, and neither will any of the fellow voters he has spoken to recently (and there have been several). Some of us have had it up to here with all three of the so-called mainstream parties. It's far more than just a protest vote. UKIP garnered nearly 25% of the popular vote - very significant indeed and has certainly brought the party into contention as a major political player.

However, as Metroline says, the Conservative's losses are hardly as disastrous as might be expected. Labour have made gains, but it doesn't say a lot for Miliband that these gains are well below what you might expect given the unpopularity of the coalition.

I can't disagree on the BNP sentiments at all but I think they were a genuine protest vote. Griffin's credibility since their success has been thankfully shot to ribbons.

Interesting strategic choice for Dave and Gideon.

Do they lurch further to the right, if thats still possible, to try and grab back some of the Europhibic supporters lost to UKIP or do they try and steamroller the LIb Dems into political oblivion?

Either way, midlands and northern conurbations are likely to remain largely Tory-free zones for a few more years yet as they try and suck-up to their 'core' home counties support (and funders).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_King...ions,_2013
sums up the votes

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
One day, and it will come, these Europhobic little Englanders (and their ilk) might actually open up their eyes and realise that this ball of rock we live on, that we have the cheek to call "Earth", this oasis of life in an otherwise unknown and potentially hostile universe, shouldn't be divided up between the must-haves and have-nots. That these imaginary lines that we call "borders" that are in place for purely economic purposes are morally and ethically abhorrent.

The sooner every man, woman and child, regardless of their creed, religion, colour or sexual orientation is given the right to explore our home without fear for their livelihoods the better.

The Beatles, Fountains Of Wayne, XTC, The Who, ELO

Power Pop For All
[font=Impact][/font]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The thing the Country is already divided anyway we basically have Northern Ireland , Scotland and Wales near enough ruling themselves.

What we are seeing is the Conservative Party splitting into pro and anti europe , just like the population as a whole .

What you are seeing is some Conservative Politicans not liking the look of a Europe that will be centred around an all too Powerful France and Germany.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)