Current time: 02/05/2024, 06:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TUPE
TUPE
can somebody please explain TUPE to me in regards to bus driving jobs?

The way I understand it is, (using real life style example)

Lets say I am a driver for Bluebird, and we run the 410/411 in Oldham, First win the tender, I can then apply for a TUPE transfer to the new contract holder (First) and then decided who's contract id be under, probably picking the better paying.

Can anybody help explain this at all? It is all very confusing, im thinking if my company lose a contrqct to First or Stagecoach, could I automatically move to a company who pay better, and who turned me down in interviews or i have previously worked for.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: TUPE
You have a contract with an employer, lets say Arriva at Green Lane depot.

5 years later, Stagecoach say we are buying Green Lane depot from Arriva. You would then be working for Stagecoach, but on the Arriva contract terms and conditions.

In reality, all that happens is your uniform and senior management changes.

TUPE would not apply if just tendered routes are lost. You would just be allocated different routes by your employer, or if they end up not having enough work for you after losing tenders, you would probably be made redundant and let go.

You don't "apply" for TUPE either. It happens automatically.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
(10/03/2013 15:29)First Class Wrote:  You have a contract with an employer, lets say Arriva at Green Lane depot.

5 years later, Stagecoach say we are buying Green Lane depot from Arriva. You would then be working for Stagecoach, but on the Arriva contract terms and conditions.

In reality, all that happens is your uniform and senior management changes.

TUPE would not apply if just tendered routes are lost. You would just be allocated different routes by your employer, or if they end up not having enough work for you after losing tenders, you would probably be made redundant and let go.

You don't "apply" for TUPE either. It happens automatically.

Need to be aware that from one day after TUPE your new employer can start to make changes to your terms of employment.

also, the government is proposing to make some significant changes to the TUPE regulations that will further weaken employees employment rights upon transfer. For details check BIS website
Ah okay, seems interesting, so nothing really to worry about unless my employer is bought out, which is very unlikely Smile

THanks guys
(11/03/2013 01:10)jimbo Wrote:  Ah okay, seems interesting, so nothing really to worry about unless my employer is bought out, which is very unlikely Smile

THanks guys

......or your employer decides to sell off/transfer the department, service or site that employs you to another employer. Doesn't have to affect the whole business.

For example First's disposal of Wigan depot to Stagecoach or a council or company 'outsourcing' a department or function.
So like Tyrer's selling the Rochdale operations to MCT Smile
(12/03/2013 00:53)jimbo Wrote:  So like Tyrer's selling the Rochdale operations to MCT Smile

Indeed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)