Current time: 02/05/2024, 22:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Buses Orders
RE: New Buses Orders
Whilst I am not a fan of pulsars I wouldnt say that they do not do the job that they should, to say that they don't is a huge exaggeration. All it is that some of the routes they operate on could maybe do with some deckers instead.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
the pulsars are just low quality and cheap, you can feel all the bumps whereas if you was to buy say an eclipse the quality is higher and you cant feel the bumps, even if they costed more so less was ordered i think it would be better, at the end of the day i dont care about the age of the bus i care about its ride quality as am paying to keep these people in a job and i want my money spent better than it is currently, hope this explains more why i am unhappy regarding pulsars ordered again.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
BBB, Regardless of whether or not you are happy with pulsars or not they are Arrivas chosen larger vehicle, but they still do the job that they are supposed to do. For the record I also prefer the Eclipse, but if you are against pulsars that much wait until a different type of bus comes along that you do like or try a different mode of transport.
thats your opinion and i respect that i just prefer something a bit better of, i had the example eclipse due to the volvo chassic being good, i think most of the renowns st helens have are a better quality but again thats just what i think, i hope there is no pulsar 3 :P

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
I have to say from using Renowns regularly over the years, you certainly feel every bump on these and IMO they ride worse than Pulsars do. Add in the horribly loud engine sounds a number of examples make (2716 anyone?), the crashy ride and poor legroom to make a rather sour cocktail for me. The DAF/Cadets are a lot better as earlier Wright low floors go.

If Arriva really were going for as cheap as possible then I'm sure the Pulsars would have Urban 90 seating as opposed to the Civics. Having been on both Pulsars and Eclipses I'm not overly convinced there is a great deal of difference in terms of ride quality but be that as it may, Pulsars are a heck of a lot better than much of what they have replaced.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Yes pulsars arent the best but Arriva is the importer of the VDL chassis for the Uk via Arriva Bus And Coach formerly known as Hughes Daf. That is why pulsars are ordered no volvo eclipses or even scania solars
I'm certain one of the southern fleets takes eclipses rather than pulsars so probably down to preference too.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(28/03/2013 13:35)CX06 EBK Wrote:  I'm certain one of the southern fleets takes eclipses rather than pulsars so probably down to preference too.

yes,Luton has got Eclipse 2 on order & also has a large number of Eclipses,Yorkshire wanted to go for eclipses to begin with because they wanted Heavy Duty Single Deckers but ending up with Pulsars
Shires also had brand new Solars in the past, and they also have Pulsars so must like a variety!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)