Current time: 01/05/2024, 12:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
(24/04/2019 19:15)Brickmill Wrote:  We are clearly not going to agree on what MY opinions and thoughts are, but I don't understand how someone outside GM has so much detail of TFGM's Budget including the split between modes, even down to knowing how many people work on changing bus stop plates and bus stop timetable s, yet is geographically ignorant of some of the 10 boroughs. Well, I would. be had I not seen the same ignorance in opponents of Franchising.

Usually you post about Tameside, this time you posted about a small settlement between Stockport and the Tameside boundary and I didn't think for one second. That doesn't mean I'm ignorant of the area TfGM represent.

Like all publicly funded organisations TfGM publish how much money they spent, how many staff they employ and how many of those staff are on big senior management salaries. You seem ignorant to the fact your salary is paid by the taxpayer and because of that the taxpayer gets to see how your employer spends their money. Taxpayers also have a right to request for further information under the freedom of information act - that doesn't mean someone can ask to know exactly how much you are paid but they could ask, for instance, how much TfGM spend on implementing timetable changes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/04/2019 19:41)knutstransport Wrote:  Usually you post about Tameside, this time you posted about a small settlement between Stockport and the Tameside boundary and I didn't think for one second. That doesn't mean I'm ignorant of the area TfGM represent.

Like all publicly funded organisations TfGM publish how much money they spent, how many staff they employ and how many of those staff are on big senior management salaries. You seem ignorant to the fact your salary is paid by the taxpayer and because of that the taxpayer gets to see how your employer spends their money. Taxpayers also have a right to request for further information under the freedom of information act - that doesn't mean someone can ask to know exactly how much you are paid but they could ask, for instance, how much TfGM spend on implementing timetable changes.
I didn't realize that so minute detail of how much individual functions cost and how many staff each employ on specific job s. Anyway, this is getting off topic and frankly I have far more important things to worry about at the moment., so I think this should be dropped. PS. I am a Council Tax payer and have been for nearly 4 decades - my current payment is into 4 figures. I have also been an Income tax payer for most of those four decades. I disagree with the a lot of how my. Council Tax is spent and virtually all of how my Income tax is spent but there's **** all I can do about it.
(24/04/2019 13:13)Brickmill Wrote:  *You* haven't but it seems that's the general attitude of company management, especially smaller Ops. As for TFGM, I',m not saying they are perfect. For instance I doubt they employ anyone with a sixth sense!

If the communication between smaller ops management and TFGM is anything like the communication between tfgm bus station staff at certain locations and smaller ops drivers then it’s hardly surprising nothing gets sorted. I’ll lesve it there !
(24/04/2019 16:54)Brickmill Wrote:  1. How long has Reddish been in Tameside? 2. I am able to take *constructive* criticism of

I presume knutstransport has made the Tameside link because of your previous forum name - which was similar to a Tameside town.

You have for some time expressed the idea that smaller ops are a thorn in your side. Maybe we should just give all the work to Stagecoach and have done with it. Would then make life simpler for you.
I today captured YX19ONR in new corporate livery on the recently gained Cheshire East contract 391/2 Stockport to Macclesfield service

[Image: 47695820511_9f651f8e91_b.jpg]
Manchester Community Transport YX19ONR by Mike McNiven, on Flickr
So they are Manchester Community Transport again now? Sounds better than MCT Travel which was essentially Manchester Community Transport Travel.

On the topic of the livery though it’s hideous.
(25/04/2019 16:31)acocker96 Wrote:  So they are Manchester Community Transport again now? Sounds better than MCT Travel which was essentially Manchester Community Transport Travel.

This is HCT’s livery. If you look at Nottingham CT there’s is exactly the same. They won’t pay for existing vehicles to gain the livery but any new additions to the fleet will gain these graphics.
Strangely the old MCT logo is still used (and I much prefere it).
(25/04/2019 16:31)acocker96 Wrote:  So they are Manchester Community Transport again now? Sounds better than MCT Travel which was essentially Manchester Community Transport Travel.

Although, Manchester Community Transport does sound a bit out-of-place in Macclesfield - even on a route going to Stockport, Greater Manchester.
Enviro SN59AXA returned to Stockport on Thursday after being shipped out in March to have a new engine and Turbo. Had the pleasure of driving it tonight and it drives spot on.
Dart EU06KNR should be returning in the next couple of weeks after receiving the same treatment.
On Wednesday I saw a 67-reg mini-Enviro200 on route 391. Even if it had enough seats, this might not bode well for trying to ride an Enviro200-MMC on it without risking waiting an hour.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)