Current time: 18/05/2024, 22:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Fares
RE: Bus Fares
watching people getting on buses yesterday to find up the fares have gone up and watching them complain said it all really

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Can't claim to say I seen anybody complain, they just said ok, paid their extra 10p or whatever and got their seat.
Find all posts by this user
most of the complains i seen was where that thatto heath train station is, watched 2 people get back of and go for the train thats cheaper there and back than the buses one way fare, according to my dad train fares used to be higher priced than buses, well not anymore

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
You will find that the fares on the city line in the Merseytravel area are governed by the rate of inflation whereas bus fares are not unless they are supported by Merseytravel .
BBB, the train is less frequent mind. At £1.60 for an anytime day return, the train has been cheaper than one way on the bus for a long time so why these people are even bothering to go for the bus in the first place is baffling.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
not got a clue, probs due to the fact as you say the train is a 30 min service whereas the bus is very regular

That and buses stop once every 500yards... Trains once every 2-3miles.. Minimum. So can be a long walk to the train station
Stagecoach responding to Arriva's recent price rise with their own increase from this Sunday (7th April)Sad
(04/04/2013 15:31)mathias Wrote:  Stagecoach responding to Arriva's recent price rise with their own increase from this Sunday (7th April)Sad

You will always get that , Arriva just did it to ensure there profit margins didnt suffer in the long term , then the other big players .

Im surprised by now that the big bus players havent bought into the taxi market by now , would be an interesting idea .

Anyone like the idea of Arriva Taxi or Stagecoach Private Hire Taxis .
Well it wouldnt suprise me if arriva get into taxis as they already do NHS non emergency ambulance patient transfers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)