Current time: 27/04/2024, 22:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Bangor Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Bangor
(01/03/2013 00:59)cx04axy Wrote:  so many foreign buses from other depots arriva in Bangor depot at the moment, seen some old type cadet guessing its from merseyside area, probs on loan, lots of the cadets are poorly, but im sure with a bit of calpol and some TLC im sure they will be back on the road!

Bangor seems to have caught the Birkenhead's bug , i am actually surprised there is enough fit vehicles in the North West and Wales areas at the moment .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I gathered last week an optare solo had a smash on the 62 Amlwch service on route back to bangor, whether this is true i dont know? Anyone heard anything??
(02/03/2013 21:07)cx04axy Wrote:  I gathered last week an optare solo had a smash on the 62 Amlwch service on route back to bangor, whether this is true i dont know? Anyone heard anything??

I haven't seen or heard anything. As the only Solo I've seen on the 62 has been the 32 branded One. WHCH IS ALMOST NEVER ON THE SERVICE

Although quite interesting one of the double deckers have been on the morning 5A most of this week which could be a sign that their a bus down???
Have heard that there was problems either with 2570 or 2480 in amlwch one of them got 2 smashed windows i believe.

2506 is operating on the 62's today and is on lates this evening along with 2507 which was on the X62 yesterday morning
7533 has been withdrawn with engine problems. Now at Wrexham
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A faithful old warrior now laid to rest. To think it has survived in commercial service longer than V-registered Marshall's of the same breed is testimony to the vehicle and those who have maintained it. One word, valiant. Farewell 7533.

To think, the withdrawal of a P-registered Dart SLF in other Arriva fleets across the country is somewhat of a generic occurrence. To think this is/was one of the oldest vehicles in the fleet, it comprehensively shows just how far Arriva North West & Wales have set the standards now for fleet re-newel in comparison to Arriva fleet from further afield. Certainly commendable, and unrivalled with the exception of the operations in the capital.
(04/03/2013 21:05)J654UHN Wrote:  7533 has been withdrawn with engine problems. Now at Wrexham

I've had the pleasure to ride this many times and a nice bus it was. A sad day Sad.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/03/2013 21:05)J654UHN Wrote:  7533 has been withdrawn with engine problems. Now at Wrexham

I remember when these were new back in 1997 and it doesnt seem long ago at all if i had the money and resources to be able to do it id buy it for preservation.
If somebody doesnt preserve 7533, which seems unlikely, it will mean none of the MTL Pointer 1's or 2's will be preserved. But then everything can't be preserved, I also remember these entering service back in 1997, I did feel a bit underwhelmed by them all at the time mind.
Rare working! 2793 on the 62 Bangor- Amlwch service today, 2506 on earlier too commanders also seem to be a common type of vechile used on this route now!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)