Current time: 27/04/2024, 20:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Bangor Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Bangor Depot
St Helens is getting Geminis but its examples from Speke and not Rhyl, St Helens are losing Buses to Wales but its Cadets not the Solos sadly, Green Lane Pulsars are going to St Helens and Southport

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/01/2017 17:17)T42 PVM Wrote:  St Helens is getting Geminis but its examples from Speke and not Rhyl, St Helens are losing Buses to Wales but its Cadets not the Solos sadly, Green Lane Pulsars are going to St Helens and Southport
Where does this information come from?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Am not sure if i should put his name on here but its an Arriva Driver who always seems to know what the upcoming fleet changes are

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
I can back T42 PVM up on this as change of mind must of been placed on the sr's going to wales as theres suppose to be 8/9 geminis from speke coming along with pulsars and 4412 from green lane and the person who told him finds out a lot of fleet movements and tends to be on the ball with them.
(22/01/2017 17:38)childwallblues Wrote:  Where does this information come from?

Seeing as I've heard the same information regarding the transfers out of Green Lane depot from a completely different source then I will also back up T42 PVM on this

A very reliable contact in North Wales did tell me there was a plan for Solo SRs to leave St Helens for Wrexham (sending older examples to Bangor) but this plan has since changed
There has been a change of plan and this will begin in April, 3 extra pulsar buses is what is required. Solo sr's were going to come to bangor but due to trial it hasn't been very successful.

The honest answer is the pulsars are desirable to what Bangor needs i've heard they are coming from Green Lane. As you know plans change. Cadets are a favourite from the drivers in Bangor & Junction. Cadets were put on the 62 for a period of time but due to demand and changes of timings with Anglesey Council and times for fueling buses at certain time the Cadets tanks are too small meaning that the cadets were constantly running out of fuel. There is an increase of at least 1 extra bus from April on the 62 and another 2 on 4/x4/44a/4a service. hence 3 extra pulsars
(22/01/2017 17:38)childwallblues Wrote:  Where does this information come from?

Sthelens as only got eleven cadets which quite old now so I couldn't see Bangor wanting them
Bangor does have some Older Darts still

10 slimline optare solos to be bought for arriva bangor to be shared for bethesda and bangor locals service some will also be shared with llandudno junction outstation. To.arrive later this year. I gather there we will be a release about this.
One of the cymru coastliners its engine has blown either end of last week or this week. Which is why a cadet/pulsar is appearing. I apologise i dunno the fleet number of this bus

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)