Current time: 03/05/2024, 23:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Operators based in North East Wales
RE: Operators based in North East Wales
Traws Cymru T12 - a bit of a fiasco

On Monday I reported that this new service had started with Tanat Valley and Lloyds of Machynlleth being the two joint operators. The timetables for these services appeared at the very last minute and even the registrations for this service were only made to the Traffic Commissioner on 23rd August less than a fortnight before the service started.

For reasons I do not fully understand four registrations were made for the service for each operator splitting the journey into four sections. T12-a to d and T12-1 to 4. Whilst the parts of the service that was previously operated under a different route number have been accepted with short notice the registration for the Oswestry to Wrexham part of the service which was not previously undertaken has not been accepted on short notice and therefore the formal start date of this part of the service will now be on 19th October.

In fairness to the two operators it appears that the registration was made on their behalf by Powys County Council.

The two operators are taking a different course of action as a result of this weird situation. Lloyds Coaches are not now operating the Oswestry to Wrexham section but Tanat Valley are running through to Wrexham but I understand they are not taking fares therefore running a free service. (Versa MX09YWV seen on the service today 8th September).

I did ascertain from the Tanat Valley driver that the service is included in the Traws Cymru free weekend deal.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 08/09/2018 20:02

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)