Current time: 02/05/2024, 21:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Operators based in North East Wales
RE: Operators based in North East Wales
(11/05/2018 17:32)Depotosw Wrote:  Any news on a base in the Wrexham area as yet?
Wouldn't surprise me if it will be located on the Vauxhall Industrial Estate...

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
EasyBus wont succeed anyway, all they'll bring is something different to photograph and disappear like the rest of them.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(14/05/2018 17:54)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  EasyBus wont succeed anyway, all they'll bring is something different to photograph and disappear like the rest of them.

Remknds me of GHA...
[quote='E208 WBG' pid='118150' dateline='1526321486']

Remknds me of GHA...

It's so obvious that all this will end in tears [ or cheers ] as did all the rest of them.
Think this company imagine themselves as the dominant provider in Wrexham just as they did in Shrewsbury. Time will tell the outcome though and as for Wrexham - Oswestry there is no problem on how Arriva Midlands operate it and the Cefn Mawr shorts from Oswestry surely?
(14/05/2018 20:10)crozzy Wrote:  [quote='E208 WBG' pid='118150' dateline='1526321486']

Remknds me of GHA...

It's so obvious that all this will end in tears [ or cheers ] as did all the rest of them.
Think this company imagine themselves as the dominant provider in Wrexham just as they did in Shrewsbury. Time will tell the outcome though and as for Wrexham - Oswestry there is no problem on how Arriva Midlands operate it and the Cefn Mawr shorts from Oswestry surely?

Reminds this was meant to say
(14/05/2018 20:10)crozzy Wrote:  [quote='E208 WBG' pid='118150' dateline='1526321486']

Remknds me of GHA...

Oswestry do a cracking job on the 2/2A/2C services, the 2B seems to have been a surprising success, would be nice to see that extended to add some extra heat onto the new competition.

As much as people dig at Arriva, remember they were there picking up the pieces when GHA closed, all of Shropshire's three Midlands depot had services covered the next morning.

As for Shrewsbury, I will reserve my comments on that, I got to see it first hand working in the town.

At least there will be some Tempos to capture on camera Smile
They think they can come in and run the place because they own the Bus Station now they've even started coming to the Bus Station on the Airport runs too i noticed yesterday, i dont see how it will work they cant do well on the 2's because Arriva Midlands have always dominated that corridor and quite frankly always will even GHA never competed to Oswestry.

As for the 42 well the 42 is obviously not being covered but many people are very happy with Arriva's Service but do please tell how a company operating an Industrial Estate Service will be successful when they have no other connections bar the 2/2D/44 if i worked in Wrexham Industrial for example and i live in Southsea but wanted to use Easy's 42 id still have to pay £14.50 to travel with Arriva then whatever on top for Easys 42 to the Industrial estate it does not make much sense to me at all.

The 44 is also covered by Valentines new TL's which were revised to cover the 44 i think they do abit of 42 as well actually and the passengers have now settled with Valentines as they have a bus again but the TLs are with Wrexham Council so the 44 must be commercial from Easy which seems silly to me as the 44 gets a max pax of 10ish max and 9/10 are pass user's i just dont get it at all.

To me i can see the 2s going Sapphire from Arriva anyway it does need it anyway.

(15/05/2018 02:42)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  They think they can come in and run the place because they own the Bus Station now they've even started coming to the Bus Station on the Airport runs too i noticed yesterday, i dont see how it will work they cant do well on the 2's because Arriva Midlands have always dominated that corridor and quite frankly always will even GHA never competed to Oswestry.

As for the 42 well the 42 is obviously not being covered but many people are very happy with Arriva's Service but do please tell how a company operating an Industrial Estate Service will be successful when they have no other connections bar the 2/2D/44 if i worked in Wrexham Industrial for example and i live in Southsea but wanted to use Easy's 42 id still have to pay £14.50 to travel with Arriva then whatever on top for Easys 42 to the Industrial estate it does not make much sense to me at all.

The 44 is also covered by Valentines new TL's which were revised to cover the 44 i think they do abit of 42 as well actually and the passengers have now settled with Valentines as they have a bus again but the TLs are with Wrexham Council so the 44 must be commercial from Easy which seems silly to me as the 44 gets a max pax of 10ish max and 9/10 are pass user's i just dont get it at all.

To me i can see the 2s going Sapphire from Arriva anyway it does need it anyway.

I think it is the aim for the airport buses to serve all bus stations. It just doesn't work in Chester because 'there are no stand slots available'. Arriva lack in a lot of areas. Mainly the fact they don't do returns. If EasyBus can do as many other companies do and charge £4 return, that is is a £1.50 saving compared to Arriva.

The 2C is a little too long so kind of makes sense to extend out to Oswestry. You could argue they could use the vehicles on another 3 routes in Wrexham bus if you are going to get routes, you are best focussing on one or two and flooding the place. Arriva are known for their lack of bullying tactics. They just try the odd trick here and there. They don't go out and flood the place like First or other conoanies.

The reason people are settled into the TownLink is because they have to. They have no other option.
Concessionary cards can be viable but depends how much you earn off them. It varies by council.

You have to remember though that unless Arriva are changing their 41 times, there isn't a bus for workers between 5 & 6pm. That could be how they get their passengers. Loads of singles. It isn't much but it all adds up.

The 2s will probably go Sapphire to get rid of the competition. Much like on the 10As with Townlynx.
(15/05/2018 07:38)iMarkeh Wrote:  I think it is the aim for the airport buses to serve all bus stations. It just doesn't work in Chester because 'there are no stand slots available'. Arriva lack in a lot of areas. Mainly the fact they don't do returns. If EasyBus can do as many other companies do and charge £4 return, that is is a £1.50 saving compared to Arriva.

The 2C is a little too long so kind of makes sense to extend out to Oswestry. You could argue they could use the vehicles on another 3 routes in Wrexham bus if you are going to get routes, you are best focussing on one or two and flooding the place. Arriva are known for their lack of bullying tactics. They just try the odd trick here and there. They don't go out and flood the place like First or other conoanies.

The reason people are settled into the TownLink is because they have to. They have no other option.
Concessionary cards can be viable but depends how much you earn off them. It varies by council.

You have to remember though that unless Arriva are changing their 41 times, there isn't a bus for workers between 5 & 6pm. That could be how they get their passengers. Loads of singles. It isn't much but it all adds up.

The 2s will probably go Sapphire to get rid of the competition. Much like on the 10As with Townlynx.

Yes but not everyone lives within walking distance of the bus station they live somewhere they have to get to Wrexham first why would someone pay £4.50 Day ticket on Arriva and then an extra £4 on EasyBus your just wasting money and if your working at the industrial estate your bound to be getting weekly ticket.

Its the only bus they've had since D Jones went which only got changed a few weeks ago its not going to be great to be fussing over a new company again when Wrexham has just only really just settled after two companies ceasing within a year.

The Industrial Estate Buses have never ran later than 6pm not with GHA or D Jones and Arriva when they operated the 13 a few years back, no body has ever complained about the timetables of the 41/42 and the 13 over the years.

Yes, agreed, the route should have been Sapphire in the first place when the Pulsars were new in my opinion.

(15/05/2018 11:36)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Yes but not everyone lives within walking distance of the bus station they live somewhere they have to get to Wrexham first why would someone pay £4.50 Day ticket on Arriva and then an extra £4 on EasyBus your just wasting money and if your working at the industrial estate your bound to be getting weekly ticket.

And of course the Midlands runs to and from Newbridge issue and accept the full range of Arriva NW&W tickets it should be noted.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)