Current time: 03/05/2024, 15:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lancashire Triangle Electrification
RE: Lancashire Triangle Electrification
Dont know if its been said but garswood and brynn look to have had the overhead cables put up now too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Allerton Depot went live over the weekend meaning that electric trains can move on and off without the assistance if a diesel locomotive.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
It is reported on many websites that electric services between Liverpool and Manchester are unlikely to start before January 2015 due to slippage in the electrification programme.
The biggest work outstanding is Sankey Viaduct which is a listed structure. Work has now started on erecting the masts on the viaduct and putting the wires up between Earlestown and St Helens Junction.

(30/10/2014 08:29)childwallblues Wrote:  It is reported on many websites that electric services between Liverpool and Manchester are unlikely to start before January 2015 due to slippage in the electrification programme.
The biggest work outstanding is Sankey Viaduct which is a listed structure. Work has now started on erecting the masts on the viaduct and putting the wires up between Earlestown and St Helens Junction.
Network Rail have finally confirmed that completion of the electrification has been delayed until February 2015

Latest is that Allerton drivers are now trained on the Class 319, Victoria and Wigan crew to be trained next. No service trains before May, starting with Lime Street - Warrington and Lime Street - Manchester locals.
(10/02/2015 07:55)The Engineer Wrote:  Latest is that Allerton drivers are now trained on the Class 319, Victoria and Wigan crew to be trained next. No service trains before May, starting with Lime Street - Warrington and Lime Street - Manchester locals.

Allerton do not have any drivers. All Liverpool drivers are based at Lime Street.

(10/02/2015 07:55)The Engineer Wrote:  Latest is that Allerton drivers are now trained on the Class 319, Victoria and Wigan crew to be trained next. No service trains before May, starting with Lime Street - Warrington and Lime Street - Manchester locals.

That is a drastic change as the Liverpool - Manchester Airport was originally to be first service for the electrics. Probably helps Northern and DfT as they will probably most/all the 319's up here by then.
I heard an announcement at Huyton Yesterday boasting *New Improved Trains* for the Liverpool - Man Airport Service as well so if they changed their minds they need to update that announcement pronto

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The Class 319 is the new improved train .

Liverpool - Manchester Airport is the headline service , the class 319's where to operate 2 out of the 3 diagrams .

Highly embarrassing if that service falls down the pecking order.
I knew the 319s are the New Improved Trains i was just wording it the same as the Announcement, it would be a joke if the 319s dont go on that service after being advertised that they where going on there

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)