Current time: 26/04/2024, 11:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Isle of Man Railway
Isle of Man Railway
Here is a topic for news about the Isle of Man Railway

The overhaul on No. 15/MNR No. 4 Caledonia has recently been completed and it will be the locomotive operating the "Winter Photography on the IMR" event on February 16th which I bought my ticket for after work this afternoon. I'll post a report of the day in this topic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Isle of Man Railway
IOMSR New Diesel 21 has arrived on the island and is undergoing tests
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I saw No. 21 (name yet to be announced) out and about in Douglas station on Friday. It looks very smart and sounds very nice indeed. On Saturday the locomotive ran light loco to Port Erin and yesterday the locomotive hauled three coaches on a test train

The seasonal "Santa Train" running between Douglas and Castletown operated last weekend and will also operate again this weekend. Locomotives No. 10 G. H. Wood and No. 12 Hutchinson hauled the Santa Trains last weekend. The new "Restaurant Train" is also currently in operation as well
The 2014 season started today with No. 12 Hutchinson and MNR No. 4 Caledonia being the first locomotives to operate scheduled passenger services this year

The annual Winter Photography on the IMR event takes place tomorrow - this year features No. 4 Loch hauling a small rake of coaches which have recently been repainted. I will post a report of the event next week
Winter Photography this year was as mentioned hauled by No. 4 Loch - coaches in use for the event were F9, F18 and F26. Various locations were used for photography - primarily at Douglas, Castletown and Port Erin stations. Wagons H1 and M78 also made an appearance at Castletown

Heading back from Port Erin the charter train joined with the service train to form a six coach double header hauled by Loch and No. 12 Hutchinson as far as Castletown where the trains split back into their three-coach formations

A return trip aboard Bus Vannin's Douglas Corporation AEC Regent III to Port Erin in the evening was an excellent way to end a very enjoyable day
The new diesel (No. 21) was at Port Erin this afternoon
For the 2015 running season the Isle of Man Railway has six steam locomotives in traffic (as well as diesel loco No. 21) compared to four last year. These are No. 4 Loch, No. 8 Fenella, No. 10 G. H. Wood, No. 12 Hutchinson, No. 13 Kissack and MNR No. 4 Caledonia. Fenella has returned after spending most of last season out of service and Kissack returns to action after nearly two years out of service after receiving a replacement boiler during the winter period
Today No. 13 Kissack is hauling no less than six coaches today including former Manx Northern Railway No. 17 - this is due to a private hire this morning and another later this evening. The other locomotive in traffic today is No. 4 Loch
It has recently been announced that two of the Isle of Man Railway's stored coaches are to restored to traffic. These are guards' composite F15 of 1894 and "Pairs" coach F62 of 1926 (formed with the bodies of A1 and B1 of 1873). I am very much looking forward to seeing both of these coaches return to traffic in the near future

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)